x3 calc9 compilation error

Orient
When I tried to compile calc9 example from x3 examples, then I've got an error http://pastebin.com/G4mLFLUt . As I understand the problem is somewhere into the depth of the boost variadic macro expansion machinery (BOOST_SPIRIT_DEFINE, BOOST_PP_SEQ_FOR_EACH, BOOST_PP_VARIADIC_TO_SEQ).
The compiler is gcc 4.9 (MinGW). -std=gnu++1y key specified.

Re: x3 calc9 compilation error

Joel de Guzman
On 6/27/14, 6:16 PM, Orient wrote:
> When I tried to compile calc9 example from x3 examples, then I've got an
> error http://pastebin.com/G4mLFLUt . As I understand the problem is
> somewhere into the depth of the boost variadic macro expansion machinery
> (BOOST_SPIRIT_DEFINE, BOOST_PP_SEQ_FOR_EACH, BOOST_PP_VARIADIC_TO_SEQ).
> The compiler is gcc 4.9 (MinGW). -std=gnu++1y key specified.

Have you tried the other examples? Is it just this one that's
causing compile problems? I'm using Clang as my compiler. I have
not tried gcc 4.9 yet.

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/

Re: x3 calc9 compilation error

Orient
Also I tried the calc8 example, but got almost the same: here the log of building process. If you want, I can try all others. It seems, that BOOST_SPIRIT_DEFINE is erroneous macro (at least for gcc 4.9).

Joel de Guzman wrote
On 6/27/14, 6:16 PM, Orient wrote:
> When I tried to compile calc9 example from x3 examples, then I've got an
> error http://pastebin.com/G4mLFLUt . As I understand the problem is
> somewhere into the depth of the boost variadic macro expansion machinery
> (BOOST_SPIRIT_DEFINE, BOOST_PP_SEQ_FOR_EACH, BOOST_PP_VARIADIC_TO_SEQ).
> The compiler is gcc 4.9 (MinGW). -std=gnu++1y key specified.

Have you tried the other examples? Is it just this one that's
causing compile problems? I'm using Clang as my compiler. I have
not tried gcc 4.9 yet.

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/

Re: x3 calc9 compilation error

Orient
Sorry, my mistake. Correction (gcc 4.8.2 to 4.9 output).

Orient wrote

On 6/27/14, 6:16 PM, Orient wrote:
> When I tried to compile calc9 example from x3 examples, then I've got an
> error http://pastebin.com/G4mLFLUt . As I understand the problem is
> somewhere into the depth of the boost variadic macro expansion machinery
> (BOOST_SPIRIT_DEFINE, BOOST_PP_SEQ_FOR_EACH, BOOST_PP_VARIADIC_TO_SEQ).
> The compiler is gcc 4.9 (MinGW). -std=gnu++1y key specified.

Have you tried the other examples? Is it just this one that's
causing compile problems? I'm using Clang as my compiler. I have
not tried gcc 4.9 yet.

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/

Re: x3 calc9 compilation error

Orient
Do you plan to support any compiler other than clang? Say, g++?

Joel de Guzman wrote
On 6/27/14, 6:16 PM, Orient wrote:
> When I tried to compile calc9 example from x3 examples, then I've got an
> error http://pastebin.com/G4mLFLUt . As I understand the problem is
> somewhere into the depth of the boost variadic macro expansion machinery
> (BOOST_SPIRIT_DEFINE, BOOST_PP_SEQ_FOR_EACH, BOOST_PP_VARIADIC_TO_SEQ).
> The compiler is gcc 4.9 (MinGW). -std=gnu++1y key specified.

Have you tried the other examples? Is it just this one that's
causing compile problems? I'm using Clang as my compiler. I have
not tried gcc 4.9 yet.

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/

Re: x3 calc9 compilation error

Hossein Azadmanesh
On 2014/07/14 10:02 AM, Orient wrote:
Do you plan to support any compiler other than clang? Say, *g++*?

If I may add something, as well as MSVC 2013 or its future version, if it has enough C++ support?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2013/12/02/c-11-14-core-language-features-in-vs-2013-and-the-nov-2013-ctp.aspx

On 7/14/14, 4:56 PM, Hossein Azadmanesh wrote:
> On 2014/07/14 10:02 AM, Orient wrote:
>> Do you plan to support any compiler other than clang? Say, *g++*?
>>
> If I may add something, as well as MSVC 2013 or its future version, if it has enough C++
> support?
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2013/12/02/c-11-14-core-language-features-in-vs-2013-and-the-nov-2013-ctp.aspx

g++ yes, MSVC 2013 no, unfortunately. It does not have the c++14 features we
need (yet).

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/

Re: x3 calc9 compilation error

Michael Powell-2
On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Joel de Guzman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/14/14, 4:56 PM, Hossein Azadmanesh wrote:
>> On 2014/07/14 10:02 AM, Orient wrote:
>>> Do you plan to support any compiler other than clang? Say, *g++*?
>>>
>> If I may add something, as well as MSVC 2013 or its future version, if it has enough C++
>> support?
>>
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2013/12/02/c-11-14-core-language-features-in-vs-2013-and-the-nov-2013-ctp.aspx
>
> g++ yes, MSVC 2013 no, unfortunately. It does not have the c++14 features we
> need (yet).

Good to know. I know GCC well enough, but also use MSVC 2013.

The good news is that MS is on a roadmap for feature-completeness, if
you read between the lines, and past the hype, anyway...

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2013/11/18/announcing-the-visual-c-compiler-november-2013-ctp.aspx

What features are required?

lee

Joel de Guzman <djowel <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using Clang as my compiler.

Here, with clang 3.4.2, I can't compile calc examples, neither.
http://pastebin.com/4g7VMN2f

On 7/16/14, 5:25 PM, lee wrote:
> Joel de Guzman <djowel <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'm using Clang as my compiler.
>

> Here, with clang 3.4.2, I can't compile calc examples, neither.
> http://pastebin.com/4g7VMN2f

Ugh. I'll go check. Thanks!

Cheers,
--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com

On 7/17/14, 7:56 AM, Joel de Guzman wrote:

> On 7/16/14, 5:25 PM, lee wrote:
>> Joel de Guzman <djowel <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I'm using Clang as my compiler.
>>

>> Here, with clang 3.4.2, I can't compile calc examples, neither.
>> http://pastebin.com/4g7VMN2f
>
> Ugh. I'll go check. Thanks!

Just checked. All examples build fine on clang. Agustin also
tried it and it builds fine with him. (clang 3.4.2).

Odd...

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/

vwh

Re: x3 calc9 compilation error

vwh
I also get compile errors on calc9 using: gcc (Ubuntu 4.9.2-0ubuntu1~14.04) 4.9.2 on current Ubuntu 14.04