which submodule are boost headers in?

Robert Ramey
This is making me feel really dumb.

I want to remove a header in the /boost/ directory.  This has been superseded by a header of the same name in the serialization library.

boost/strong_typedef.hpp

I expected to find a sub-module in modular boost which I can just select, get permission to make changes and upload my change - just remove this file.  But I don't find a sub-module which seems to contain this header.

So I need some help.  Actually the simplest would be for someone who understands this and has appropriate privileges to just do the dirty work for me and remove the file.  Failing that, someone can explain the procedure for finding the file, and getting the requisite privileges.

Robert Ramey

Re: which submodule are boost headers in?

Agustín K-ballo Bergé
On 11/13/2014 11:23 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> This is making me feel really dumb.
>
> I want to remove a header in the /boost/ directory.  This has been
> superseded by a header of the same name in the serialization library.
>
> boost/strong_typedef.hpp

I believe you are referring to this file:
https://github.com/boostorg/serialization/blob/master/include/boost/strong_typedef.hpp
in the Serialization submodule.

> I expected to find a sub-module in modular boost which I can just select,
> get permission to make changes and upload my change - just remove this file.
> But I don't find a sub-module which seems to contain this header.

I search for "strong_typedef.hpp" within the libs folder and both hits
were inside libs/serialization, which corresponds to the Serialization
submodule.

> So I need some help.  Actually the simplest would be for someone who
> understands this and has appropriate privileges to just do the dirty work
> for me and remove the file.  Failing that, someone can explain the procedure
> for finding the file, and getting the requisite privileges.

You should have no problems making changes to this submodule.

Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-
http://talesofcpp.fusionfenix.com

Re: which submodule are boost headers in?

Robert Ramey
OK - got it.

I didn't expect to find it there.

Robert Ramey