[website] 1.72 Boost.Config docs are missing

[website] 1.72 Boost.Config docs are missing

On this page:

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/

following Boost.Config link:

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm

leads to 404 Page Not Found.

I believe the correct link should be:

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/doc/html/index.html

Re: [website] 1.72 Boost.Config docs are missing

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Monday, February 24, 2020, Andrey Semashev wrote:

> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/
>
> following Boost.Config link:
>
> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm
>
> leads to 404 Page Not Found.

Already fixed in develop since 2 months ago (when it was first reported):

https://github.com/boostorg/config/commit/3fdb073fc2c203f50aef1668382e5d397e081b08

Glen

On 2020-02-24 18:27, Glen Fernandes wrote:

> On Monday, February 24, 2020, Andrey Semashev wrote:
>

>     https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/
>     <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/>
>
>     following Boost.Config link:
>
>     https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm
>     <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm>
>
>     leads to 404 Page Not Found.
>

> Already fixed in develop since 2 months ago (when it was first reported):
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/config/commit/3fdb073fc2c203f50aef1668382e5d397e081b08

But the website is not updated. I encountered the error today.

Re: [website] 1.72 Boost.Config docs are missing

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Monday, February 24, 2020, Andrey Semashev  wrote:

> On 2020-02-24 18:27, Glen Fernandes wrote:
>
>> On Monday, February 24, 2020, Andrey Semashev wrote:
>>

>>     https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/
>>     <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/>
>>
>>     following Boost.Config link:
>>
>>     https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm
>>     <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm>
>>
>>     leads to 404 Page Not Found.
>>

>> Already fixed in develop since 2 months ago (when it was first reported):
>>
>> https://github.com/boostorg/config/commit/3fdb073fc2c203f50a
>> ef1668382e5d397e081b08
>>

> But the website is not updated. I encountered the error today.

1.72 website docs are not affected by the fix. Only 1.73 and develop and
master will be. e.g.

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/develop/
now goes to
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/develop/libs/config/doc/html/index.html

The generated docs for a previous version are not as easy to fix.

Glen

On 2020-02-24 19:56, Glen Fernandes wrote:

> On Monday, February 24, 2020, Andrey Semashev  wrote:
>
>     On 2020-02-24 18:27, Glen Fernandes wrote:
>
>         On Monday, February 24, 2020, Andrey Semashev wrote:
>

>         https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/
>         <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/>
>              <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/
>         <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/>>
>
>              following Boost.Config link:
>
>         https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm
>         <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm>
>
>         <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm
>         <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm>>
>
>              leads to 404 Page Not Found.
>

>         Already fixed in develop since 2 months ago (when it was first
>         reported):
>
>         https://github.com/boostorg/config/commit/3fdb073fc2c203f50aef1668382e5d397e081b08
>         <https://github.com/boostorg/config/commit/3fdb073fc2c203f50aef1668382e5d397e081b08>
>

>     But the website is not updated. I encountered the error today.
>

> 1.72 website docs are not affected by the fix. Only 1.73 and develop and
> master will be. e.g.
>
> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/develop/
> now goes to
> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/develop/libs/config/doc/html/index.html
>
> The generated docs for a previous version are not as easy to fix.

If they are generated once and never again, couldn't we fix the
generated html? As it is Boost.Config docs are inaccessible to users.

PS: I don't think develop docs are available through any public links on
the website. People are more likely to follow links to the latest release.

Re: [website] 1.72 Boost.Config docs are missing

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 1:15 PM Andrey Semashev via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2020-02-24 19:56, Glen Fernandes wrote:
> > On Monday, February 24, 2020, Andrey Semashev  wrote:
> >
> >     On 2020-02-24 18:27, Glen Fernandes wrote:
> >
> >         On Monday, February 24, 2020, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> >

> >         https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/
> >         <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/>
> >              <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/
> >         <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/>>
> >
> >              following Boost.Config link:
> >
> >         https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm
> >         <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm>
> >
> >         <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm
> >         <https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/config/config.htm>>
> >
> >              leads to 404 Page Not Found.
> >

> >         Already fixed in develop since 2 months ago (when it was first
> >         reported):
> >
> >         https://github.com/boostorg/config/commit/3fdb073fc2c203f50aef1668382e5d397e081b08
> >         <https://github.com/boostorg/config/commit/3fdb073fc2c203f50aef1668382e5d397e081b08>
> >

> >     But the website is not updated. I encountered the error today.
> >

> > 1.72 website docs are not affected by the fix. Only 1.73 and develop and
> > master will be. e.g.
> >
> > https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/develop/
> > now goes to
> > https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/develop/libs/config/doc/html/index.html
> >
> > The generated docs for a previous version are not as easy to fix.
>
> If they are generated once and never again, couldn't we fix the
> generated html? As it is Boost.Config docs are inaccessible to users.

If there is a way, I'm not aware of it. Unlike the other website
content, the generated documentation for each release is not within
any repository on boostorg.

> PS: I don't think develop docs are available through any public links on
> the website. People are more likely to follow links to the latest release.

Agreed.

Glen