[type_erasure] link to any_cast reference section

[type_erasure] link to any_cast reference section

Unlike most classes/functions in Boost.TypeErasure, the following

http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast.html

does not go to the reference for boost::type_erasure::any_cast, the
proper link being

http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp758556752.html

Problem is this seemingly autogenerated file name is unstable. For
instance, for Boost 1.63 the
link was

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_63_0/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp984702224.html

in develop it is

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/develop/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp774056976.html

and in master it is

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/master/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp779380256.html

which makes it impossible to refer to this section of Boost.TypeErasure
documentation from other
pages. Maybe this can be fixed?

Thank you

Joaquín M López Muñoz

Re: [type_erasure] link to any_cast reference section

Boost - Dev mailing list
AMDG

On 07/15/2017 05:41 AM, Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost wrote:

> Unlike most classes/functions in Boost.TypeErasure, the following
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast.html
>
> does not go to the reference for boost::type_erasure::any_cast, the
> proper link being
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp758556752.html
>
> Problem is this seemingly autogenerated file name is unstable. For
> instance, for Boost 1.63 the
> link was
> <snip>
>
> which makes it impossible to refer to this section of Boost.TypeErasure
> documentation from other
> pages. Maybe this can be fixed?

  This is really annoying.  It looks like the reason this
happens is that BoostBook sees both boost::any_cast and
boost::type_erasure::any_cast and decides that it needs
to mangle them because they have the same name.  (The
test isn't smart enough to realize that they're in
different namespaces)

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

El 18/07/2017 a las 23:11, Steven Watanabe via Boost escribió:

> AMDG
>
> On 07/15/2017 05:41 AM, Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost wrote:
>> Unlike most classes/functions in Boost.TypeErasure, the following
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast.html
>>
>> does not go to the reference for boost::type_erasure::any_cast, the
>> proper link being
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp758556752.html
>>
>> [...]
> This is really annoying.  It looks like the reason this
> happens is that BoostBook sees both boost::any_cast and
> boost::type_erasure::any_cast and decides that it needs
> to mangle them because they have the same name [...]

Any suggestion on what to do from my side? I really want to link you :-)

On 07/18/2017 04:09 PM, Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost wrote:

> El 18/07/2017 a las 23:11, Steven Watanabe via Boost escribió:
>>
>> On 07/15/2017 05:41 AM, Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/type_erasure/any_cast_idp758556752.html
>>>

>>> [...]
>> This is really annoying.  It looks like the reason this
>> happens is that BoostBook sees both boost::any_cast and
>> boost::type_erasure::any_cast and decides that it needs
>> to mangle them because they have the same name [...]
>
> Any suggestion on what to do from my side? I really want to link you :-)

There are three possible solutions:
- Fix BoostBook.  (I'll get to this eventually)
- Build your documentation as part of the global doc build
  and link using [functionref boost::type_erasure::any_cast]
- I could have the type_erasure docs built separately to
  avoid the conflict.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe