two really dumb questions

Boost - Build mailing list
I'm trying to get safe numerics tweaked to work with bjam.

First question:

I've got the Jamfile.v2 in the safe_numerics/test directory so it works
to my satisfaction when I invoke b2 from within that same directory.
Same goes for safe_numerics/example directory.  Now I want to run both
Jamfiles  Based on the information from

http://www.boost.org/build/tutorial.html

I created a Jamefile.v2 which looks like this

build-project examples
build-project test
#build-project performance

and attempt to run b2 on that.  But it doesn't produce any results.  All
I get is:

boost_root: /Users/robertramey/WorkingProjects/modular-boost
locate_root: /Users/robertramey/WorkingProjects/modular-boost
oost.org
You will need to manually configure MPI support.
...found 1 target...

Where am I going wrong here?

Second question:

 From the same tutorial it describes the song and dance that bjam goes
through to find the Jamroot and all the installed tools. But it looks
like that the project has to be in a subdirectory of the boost
distribution.  And indeed, it doesn't work when moved outside the boost
directory tree.  Is there something that I can do so the safe_numerics
project can be placed outside of the boost super project.

Robert Ramey

Re: two really dumb questions

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 06/14/2017 11:45 AM, Robert Ramey via Boost-build wrote:

> I'm trying to get safe numerics tweaked to work with bjam.
>
> First question:
>
> I've got the Jamfile.v2 in the safe_numerics/test directory so it works
> to my satisfaction when I invoke b2 from within that same directory.
> Same goes for safe_numerics/example directory.  Now I want to run both
> Jamfiles  Based on the information from
>
> http://www.boost.org/build/tutorial.html
>
> I created a Jamefile.v2 which looks like this
>
> build-project examples
> build-project test
> #build-project performance

You're missing some semicolons.

> and attempt to run b2 on that.  But it doesn't produce any results.  All
> I get is:
>
> boost_root: /Users/robertramey/WorkingProjects/modular-boost
> locate_root: /Users/robertramey/WorkingProjects/modular-boost
> oost.org
> You will need to manually configure MPI support.
> ...found 1 target...

I have no idea what you tried.  This output appears
to mix output from b2 and process_jam_log.

> Where am I going wrong here?
>
> Second question:
>
> From the same tutorial it describes the song and dance that bjam goes
> through to find the Jamroot and all the installed tools. But it looks
> like that the project has to be in a subdirectory of the boost
> distribution.  And indeed, it doesn't work when moved outside the boost
> directory tree.  Is there something that I can do so the safe_numerics
> project can be placed outside of the boost super project.

Install Boost.Build using the instructions here:
http://www.boost.org/build/doc/html/bbv2/installation.html
(This is the simplest way to allow Boost.Build to
be used outside the Boost tree.)

You'll need to have a Jamroot somewhere.
If you depend on any Boost headers, then you'll
need to specify the include path somehow as well.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe