traits

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello Peter,
I've designed a couple of traits here. Is that right so far so that they can be included in boost? But there are these problems:
1) char8_t is still missing in your is_unsigned
2) my implementations of
  - is_native; if the type exists natively on the platform
  - is_vectorisable; if the type can be vectorized on the platform (simd)
  - is_integer
are still incomplete, as I cannot find out whether the corresponding types are available; e.g. on some platforms there is int56_t, but no int8_t (__CHAR_BIT__ > 8), etc.
The specializations of is_logic and is_rational should better be done in the libs.
If a concept is created, it is stored in boost::mata so that there are no naming conflicts.

Similar to math::constants there is also a string::constants; maybe also makes sense.

regards
Gero

tt.7z (6K) Download Attachment

Re: traits

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 9/21/2020 1:37 PM, Gero Peterhoff via Boost wrote:

> Hello Peter,
> I've designed a couple of traits here. Is that right so far so that they can be included in boost? But there are these problems:
> 1) char8_t is still missing in your is_unsigned
> 2) my implementations of
>    - is_native; if the type exists natively on the platform
>    - is_vectorisable; if the type can be vectorized on the platform (simd)
>    - is_integer
> are still incomplete, as I cannot find out whether the corresponding types are available; e.g. on some platforms there is int56_t, but no int8_t (__CHAR_BIT__ > 8), etc.
> The specializations of is_logic and is_rational should better be done in the libs.
> If a concept is created, it is stored in boost::mata so that there are no naming conflicts.
>
> Similar to math::constants there is also a string::constants; maybe also makes sense.

I have not looked at your traits because I do not open attachments, but
if you are really interested you can create a PR for the type_traits
library and the maintainer of that library can look at what you have
done and go from there if he wishes to do so.

Re: traits

Boost - Dev mailing list
Am 24.09.20 um 17:40 schrieb Edward Diener via Boost:
> I have not looked at your traits because I do not open attachments, but if you are really interested you can create a PR for the type_traits library and the maintainer of that library can look at what you have done and go from there if he wishes to do so.

Who is the maintainer for Boost.TypeTraits - John Maddock?

Re: traits

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 10/3/2020 6:52 AM, Gero Peterhoff via Boost wrote:
> Am 24.09.20 um 17:40 schrieb Edward Diener via Boost:
>> I have not looked at your traits because I do not open attachments, but if you are really interested you can create a PR for the type_traits library and the maintainer of that library can look at what you have done and go from there if he wishes to do so.
>
> Who is the maintainer for Boost.TypeTraits - John Maddock?

Yes.