testing with all warninggs being treated as errors

testing with all warninggs being treated as errors

Robert Ramey
Right now on the test matrix there are large number of tests marked
failing as just because they emit a warning.  This is unhelpful and
mis-leading.  Given the breadth of environments we test on, it's
unrealistic to expect that we can avoid all warnings.  Please remove
this switch from the tests.

Robert Ramey

Re: testing with all warninggs being treated as errors

Raffi Enficiaud-3
Le 21/11/15 06:28, Robert Ramey a écrit :
> Right now on the test matrix there are large number of tests marked
> failing as just because they emit a warning.  This is unhelpful and
> mis-leading.  Given the breadth of environments we test on, it's
> unrealistic to expect that we can avoid all warnings.  Please remove
> this switch from the tests.
>
> Robert Ramey

+1

see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/264325

The resources are rare: the runners are cycling not so frequently and
some platforms are unavailable to developers. While those warnings are
better removed for end users, reporting them as errors is not helping
the developers.

Raffi