[system] How are users expected to learn Boost.System?

[system] How are users expected to learn Boost.System?

Lee Richmond
Hi,

Since Boost.System doesn't appear to have any documentation other than
its reference section, I'm wondering how users are expected to really
learn this library?

It would be nice if a tutorial section could be added to its
documentation, including tutorials outlining how to extend the library
with our (the library user) own error sources. That is: when to extend,
what to extend and how to extend. The unclickable "Tutorial" link
currently on the library's home page almost feels like a slap in the face ;)

Thanks,
Lee.

Re: [system] How are users expected to learn Boost.System?

Agustín K-ballo Bergé
On 09/07/2011 20:15, Lee Richmond wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since Boost.System doesn't appear to have any documentation other than
> its reference section, I'm wondering how users are expected to really
> learn this library?

There is a series of blog articles related to C++0x system (and
Boost.System) at
http://blog.think-async.com/2010/04/system-error-support-in-c0x-part-1.html

Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-
http://talesofcpp.blogspot.com

On 10/07/2011 01:11, Agustín K-ballo Bergé wrote:

> On 09/07/2011 20:15, Lee Richmond wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since Boost.System doesn't appear to have any documentation other than
>> its reference section, I'm wondering how users are expected to really
>> learn this library?
>>

> There is a series of blog articles related to C++0x system (and
> Boost.System) at
> http://blog.think-async.com/2010/04/system-error-support-in-c0x-part-1.html

I'm getting a "Server not found" error when trying to access your link?

Other than that, redirecting users to a blog post (assuming the user
wasn't immediately discouraged by the lack of user-guide/tutorial and
decided to ask at all, that is) hardly seems like the best strategy, IMHO.

My request for a proper tutorial to be part of the library's
documentation still stands.

Thanks,
Lee.