[system] Do you use the deprecated features or cygwin/linux/windows_error.hpp?

[system] Do you use the deprecated features or cygwin/linux/windows_error.hpp?

Boost - Dev mailing list
I'd like to query the Boost community as to whether certain legacy features
of Boost.System are in use; namely, (1) everything guarded by
BOOST_SYSTEM_ENABLE_DEPRECATED and (2) the cygwin_error.hpp,
linux_error.hpp, or windows_error.hpp headers.

Does anyone use these, and for what purpose? I'm thinking of dropping the
deprecated features.

In addition, does anyone use boost::throws()? I'm thinking of at least
discouraging its use in the documentation, if not deprecating it outright.

Re: [system] Do you use the deprecated features or cygwin/linux/windows_error.hpp?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 15/09/2018 06:48, Peter Dimov wrote:
> I'd like to query the Boost community as to whether certain legacy
> features of Boost.System are in use; namely, (1) everything guarded by
> BOOST_SYSTEM_ENABLE_DEPRECATED and (2) the cygwin_error.hpp,
> linux_error.hpp, or windows_error.hpp headers.
>
> Does anyone use these, and for what purpose? I'm thinking of dropping
> the deprecated features.

FWIW, I do still have some code that uses get_system_category() and
namespace posix (from back when that was its only spelling), but I've
been updating them as they're noticed to the new spellings, so I
wouldn't consider it a blocker.