status/Jamfile problem

John Maddock
At present when I try and build inside boost-root/status I see:

Jamfile:13: in load-jamfiles
*** argument error
* rule import ( modules + )
* called with: ( testing ;o DEPENDS all : test )
* extra argument test
c:\data\boost\develop\boost\tools/build/v1\boost-base.jam:2784:see
definition of
 rule 'import' being called
c:\data\boost\develop\boost\tools\build\v1\bootstrap.jam:21: in boost-build
c:\data\boost\develop\boost\boost-build.jam:16: in module scope

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, John.

Re: status/Jamfile problem

Vladimir Prus
John Maddock wrote:

> At present when I try and build inside boost-root/status I see:
>
> Jamfile:13: in load-jamfiles
> *** argument error
> * rule import ( modules + )
> * called with: ( testing ;o DEPENDS all : test )

What's that 'o' right after semicolon? Looks like a typo, but I have no idea
which Jamfile is to blame. Maybe a search in "lib" will help. (I can't find
anything myself, and don't want to "cvs up" right now).

- Volodya

Re: status/Jamfile problem

Rene Rivera
John Maddock wrote:

> At present when I try and build inside boost-root/status I see:
>
> Jamfile:13: in load-jamfiles
> *** argument error
> * rule import ( modules + )
> * called with: ( testing ;o DEPENDS all : test )
> * extra argument test
> c:\data\boost\develop\boost\tools/build/v1\boost-base.jam:2784:see
> definition of
>  rule 'import' being called
> c:\data\boost\develop\boost\tools\build\v1\bootstrap.jam:21: in boost-build
> c:\data\boost\develop\boost\boost-build.jam:16: in module scope
>
> Any ideas anyone?

I just ran out of ideas. It works, with the latest CVS, just fine on
Windows. It might be a end-of-line discrepancy but I can't immediately
find any problems. There are six Jamfiles with the import on line 13:

libs\algorithm\minmax\test\Jamfile:13:import testing ;
libs\algorithm\string\test\Jamfile:13:import testing ;
libs\assign\test\Jamfile:13:import testing ;
libs\bind\test\Jamfile:13:import testing ;
libs\config\test\Jamfile:13:import testing ./options ;
libs\range\test\Jamfile:13:import testing ;

But none of those have any recent changes to them. Perhaps you have some
corrupt files?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Re: status/Jamfile problem

John Maddock
> But none of those have any recent changes to them. Perhaps you have
> some corrupt files?

Hmm, I'll do a clean checkout and see if that fixes it.

John.

Re: status/Jamfile problem

John Maddock
> Hmm, I'll do a clean checkout and see if that fixes it.

Whatever it was it's gone now, must have been a corrupt file or something,
apologies for the bandwidth, and thanks for the help!

John.