[stacktrace] Trace information from GetExceptionInformation()?

[stacktrace] Trace information from GetExceptionInformation()?

Boost - Users mailing list
In an __except() filter expression (Microsoft Structured Exception),
it's legal to call GetExceptionInformation() to retrieve a pointer to
an _EXCEPTION_POINTERS struct. A little bit of Google searching turned
up a few recipes for walking the stack information indirectly provided
by that _EXCEPTION_POINTERS data.

Would it be reasonable to have a Microsoft-specific stacktrace
constructor accepting _EXCEPTION_POINTERS*? Or perhaps a factory
function? I would like to be able to capture the platform-specific
_EXCEPTION_POINTERS information, but then, once I have it in hand,
engage the rest of the Boost.Stacktrace functionality.

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered. If so, please
simply point me to the previous discussion.

Thank you!

Re: [stacktrace] Trace information from GetExceptionInformation()?

<[hidden email]>:

> In an __except() filter expression (Microsoft Structured Exception),
> it's legal to call GetExceptionInformation() to retrieve a pointer to
> an _EXCEPTION_POINTERS struct. A little bit of Google searching turned
> up a few recipes for walking the stack information indirectly provided
> by that _EXCEPTION_POINTERS data.
>
> Would it be reasonable to have a Microsoft-specific stacktrace
> constructor accepting _EXCEPTION_POINTERS*? Or perhaps a factory
> function? I would like to be able to capture the platform-specific
> _EXCEPTION_POINTERS information, but then, once I have it in hand,
> engage the rest of the Boost.Stacktrace functionality.

That's a great idea and I'll implement it someday. But this won't happen soon.

Antony Polukhin