[stacktrace][1.65 beta1] Problem with reference docs

[stacktrace][1.65 beta1] Problem with reference docs

Boost - Dev mailing list
The following

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_65_0_beta1/doc/html/reference.html

displays BoostBook-related garbage rather than the real reference for
the lib, unlike

http://boostorg.github.io/stacktrace/reference.html

Best,

Joaquín M López Muñoz

Re: [stacktrace][1.65 beta1] Problem with reference docs

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The following
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_65_0_beta1/doc/html/reference.html
>
> displays BoostBook-related garbage rather than the real reference for the
> lib, unlike
>
> http://boostorg.github.io/stacktrace/reference.html

Most likely the problem is that it has the dependency to the autodoc in the
wrong target here <
https://github.com/boostorg/stacktrace/blob/master/doc/Jamfile.v2#L50>. It
should be in the standalone target instead. There are other issues with
that Jamfile. You should look at the process Jamfile which produces correct
output and is roughly the same <
https://github.com/boostorg/process/blob/develop/doc/Jamfile.jam>.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

On 15 July 2017 at 17:46, Rene Rivera via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Most likely the problem is that it has the dependency to the autodoc in the
> wrong target here <
> https://github.com/boostorg/stacktrace/blob/master/doc/Jamfile.v2#L50>. It
> should be in the standalone target instead.

The dependency on boostdoc is redundant, the one on 'xml type_index'
should be sufficient, but that's not the problem here. type_index is
the same and works fine:

https://github.com/boostorg/type_index/blob/develop/doc/Jamfile.v2

The problem is probably that the same id is being generated for the
stacktrace and boostbook reference documentation. In
'doxygen2boostbook.xsl', the id for the documentation is automatically
generated from the title, which is "Reference" here. Need to either
change boost.doxygen.reftitle to something else, or add a
boost.doxygen.refid parameter with a different id.

> There are other issues with
> that Jamfile. You should look at the process Jamfile which produces correct
> output and is roughly the same <
> https://github.com/boostorg/process/blob/develop/doc/Jamfile.jam>.

I'm not keen on this. It generates the process docbook, then includes
that in the main boostbook documentation, so it goes through the
boostbook to docbook translation twice. IMO it's better to use an xml
target to generate boostbook.

<[hidden email]>:
> The following
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_65_0_beta1/doc/html/reference.html
>
> displays BoostBook-related garbage rather than the real reference for the
> lib, unlike
>
> http://boostorg.github.io/stacktrace/reference.html

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately I have no idea what's the problem
with it. I'd appreciate any hints.

Antony Polukhin

Re: [stacktrace][1.65 beta1] Problem with reference docs

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 15 July 2017 at 22:14, Antony Polukhin via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the report. Unfortunately I have no idea what's the problem
> with it. I'd appreciate any hints.

I'll create a pull request that will hopefully fix it.

Re: [stacktrace][1.65 beta1] Problem with reference docs

> On 15 July 2017 at 22:14, Antony Polukhin via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the report. Unfortunately I have no idea what's the problem
>> with it. I'd appreciate any hints.
>
> I'll create a pull request that will hopefully fix it.

Merged. Thanks a lot!

Antony Polukhin