[spirit] x3 status and docs?

I'm wondering what is the status of Boost.Spirit x3? Is it considered
stable and ready for production use? If yes, how can I find its docs?
There seem to be no mention of x3 in the docs on the Boost website.

Re: [spirit] x3 status and docs?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 27-11-17 12:58, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what is the status of Boost.Spirit x3? Is it considered
> stable and ready for production use? If yes, how can I find its docs?
> There seem to be no mention of x3 in the docs on the Boost website.
DISCLAIMER: not a maintainer

As far as I can tell it's still experimental (as in: some bugs may lurk
and interfaces subject to change). I have no clue how people are
supposed to find the docs.

Although after some time, google finally picked up on the "temporary
home": https://ciere.com/cppnow15/x3_docs/ - I suppose the library devs
want to make sure people get there via the tech talks or via
http://boost-spirit.com/home/

As for platform support, people have reported success with MSVC in the
very latest versions, but I still don't think support for MSVC has been
announced anywhere official.

Hope this helps (until Joel/Hartmut/Michael Caisse can shed some
official light on this

Seth

Re: [spirit] x3 status and docs?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 27/11/2017 8:44 PM, Seth via Boost wrote:

> On 27-11-17 12:58, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm wondering what is the status of Boost.Spirit x3? Is it considered
>> stable and ready for production use? If yes, how can I find its docs?
>> There seem to be no mention of x3 in the docs on the Boost website.
> DISCLAIMER: not a maintainer
>
> As far as I can tell it's still experimental (as in: some bugs may lurk
> and interfaces subject to change). I have no clue how people are
> supposed to find the docs.
>
> Although after some time, google finally picked up on the "temporary
> home": https://ciere.com/cppnow15/x3_docs/ - I suppose the library devs
> want to make sure people get there via the tech talks or via
> http://boost-spirit.com/home/
>
> As for platform support, people have reported success with MSVC in the
> very latest versions, but I still don't think support for MSVC has been
> announced anywhere official.
>
> Hope this helps (until Joel/Hartmut/Michael Caisse can shed some
> official light on this

We're already using X3 for production. The X3 docs are actually already
in master for quite some time now but is well hidden as QBK files. X3
needs quite a bit of polishing before it becomes official.

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/