[shmem-interprocess] New Shmem bugfix version in cvs and Boost Vault and Interprocess is on the way
Hi to all,
Thanks to all people sending bugfixes for the good old Shmem library.
I've uploaded a new version (0.91) with the bugfixes. I would like to
thank specially Peter Johnson and Michal Wozniak (Michal, I've tried to
reply your mails but they are rejected saying your address was not
valid) for their extensive bug hunting and suggestions.
Meanwhile I'm working on Interprocess. I've replaced my old two-phase
construction and implemented Filesystem-like error handling. mapped_file
and mapped_region classes are done. I'm adding more tests to avoid
embarrassing lock function problems found on shmem. Boost.Date_Time is
now used with mutexes instead of good old xtime.
I have a lot of work to do (I have to rework all the documentation,
for example) but I plan to start reworking documentation soon. I will
add some ABI breaking changes also (for example, small string
optimization for shared memory basic_strings). I also plan to change the
default top-bottom allocator to a bottom-up allocation so that I can in
the future implement realloc-like functions and allocator version 2
functions. I *lot* of work. Please be patient!