[release] Epic fail: Numeric cast in 1.64 does not match trunk

[release] Epic fail: Numeric cast in 1.64 does not match trunk

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello,

File https://github.com/boostorg/numeric_conversion/blob/master/include/boost/numeric/conversion/detail/converter.hpp
does not match the one in release 1.64

That file was fixed and merged to master a long time ago, however
boost_1_64_0.7z archive still has on outdated version (one with
std::unary_function).

This looks like an issue within some release scripts. Issue was noted
here: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/12972

Antony Polukhin

Re: [release] Epic fail: Numeric cast in 1.64 does not match trunk

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 2017-04-24 22:04, Antony Polukhin via Boost wrote:

> Hello,
>
> File
> https://github.com/boostorg/numeric_conversion/blob/master/include/boost/numeric/conversion/detail/converter.hpp
> does not match the one in release 1.64
>
> That file was fixed and merged to master a long time ago, however
> boost_1_64_0.7z archive still has on outdated version (one with
> std::unary_function).
>
> This looks like an issue within some release scripts. Issue was noted
> here: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/12972

Hi,

do i miss something? The file in the first link also uses
std::unary_function as the change was revoked by

https://github.com/boostorg/numeric_conversion/commit/2009f0d4fc49a6db59b950a3140f8d1f58e1a8c6

Of course, this leaves the question why the change was removed. I guess
it broke pre c++17 code.

Best,
Oswin

Re: [release] Epic fail: Numeric cast in 1.64 does not match trunk

> On 2017-04-24 22:04, Antony Polukhin via Boost wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> File
>>
>> https://github.com/boostorg/numeric_conversion/blob/master/include/boost/numeric/conversion/detail/converter.hpp
>> does not match the one in release 1.64
>>
>> That file was fixed and merged to master a long time ago, however
>> boost_1_64_0.7z archive still has on outdated version (one with
>> std::unary_function).
>>
>> This looks like an issue within some release scripts. Issue was noted
>> here: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/12972
>

> Hi,
>
> do i miss something? The file in the first link also uses
> std::unary_function as the change was revoked by
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/numeric_conversion/commit/2009f0d4fc49a6db59b950a3140f8d1f58e1a8c6

Oops. That's my epic fault. No idea were I was looking and how have I
missed the unary_function.

Oh, wait. I was looking at the develop branch and the commit was not
reverted in there.

Anyway, sorry for the fuss.

Antony Polukhin

Re: [release] Epic fail: Numeric cast in 1.64 does not match trunk

> do i miss something? The file in the first link also uses
> std::unary_function as the change was revoked by
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/numeric_conversion/commit/2009f0d4fc49a6db59b950a3140f8d1f58e1a8c6
>

> Of course, this leaves the question why the change was removed. I
> guess it broke pre c++17 code.

FYI we now have BOOST_NO_CXX98_FUNCTION_BASE for this.

Likewise |BOOST_NO_CXX98_RANDOM_SHUFFLE, BOOST_NO_AUTO_PTR and
||BOOST_NO_CXX98_BINDERS.|

John.

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: [release] Epic fail: Numeric cast in 1.64 does not match trunk

>> On 2017-04-24 22:04, Antony Polukhin via Boost wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> File
>>>
>>> https://github.com/boostorg/numeric_conversion/blob/master/include/boost/numeric/conversion/detail/converter.hpp
>>> does not match the one in release 1.64
>>>

> Anyway, sorry for the fuss.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Antony Polukhin

Follow up.

Can it be possible to add small changes for
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleasePractices/ManagerCheckList
?

Could you please update 'git tag boost-<version>' with 'git tag -a
-m"v<version>" boost-<version>' ?

where <version> is current release version.

This will provide some mapping between master project and submodules
(git submodule status).

Thank you.

--
Best Regards,