[release] Boost 1.72.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[release] Boost 1.72.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1

Boost - Dev mailing list
Boost release 1.72.0 beta 1 rc1 is now available at:

<https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.72.0.beta.1.rc1/source/>

The release notes are not yet available.
The updated documentation is not yet available.
[ They will be available in a day or two. ]

The SHA256 checksums are as follows:

3dd80fc3979c312bf892398c35778d821f6744a7fbf76c8248c85b4f3702e4d4
boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.7z
676e476a2a1246c7c5e8f40230fa70469f29dfe8aaa5bce0a85f94692e605c68
boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.tar.bz2
e62e5fdffe0772309c77fc9463a95350ebcabb2ce03f2c6ee177123016756044
boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.tar.gz
e3199f3f5046541570fffacd804d736e1999cfac05df6cc054ec97c8098d000d
boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.zip


Please download the beta release candidate, give it a try, and report
any problems you encounter.

Thanks,

-- The Boost Release Team

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.72.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 6:04 AM Michael Caisse via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Boost release 1.72.0 beta 1 rc1 is now available at:
>
> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.72.0.beta.1.rc1/source/>
>
> The release notes are not yet available.
> The updated documentation is not yet available.
> [ They will be available in a day or two. ]
>
> The SHA256 checksums are as follows:
>
> 3dd80fc3979c312bf892398c35778d821f6744a7fbf76c8248c85b4f3702e4d4
> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.7z
> 676e476a2a1246c7c5e8f40230fa70469f29dfe8aaa5bce0a85f94692e605c68
> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.tar.bz2
> e62e5fdffe0772309c77fc9463a95350ebcabb2ce03f2c6ee177123016756044
> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.tar.gz
> e3199f3f5046541570fffacd804d736e1999cfac05df6cc054ec97c8098d000d
> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.zip
>
>
> Please download the beta release candidate, give it a try, and report
> any problems you encounter.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- The Boost Release Team
>

Looks good for Windows/Visual Studio.

toolset     arch    compile Link    Execute
msvc-10.0   32      X       X       X
msvc-10.0   64      X       X       X
msvc-11.0   32      X       X       X
msvc-11.0   64      X       X       X
msvc-12.0   32      X       X       X
msvc-12.0   64      X       X       X
msvc-14.0   32      X       X       X
msvc-14.0   64      X       X       X
msvc-14.1   32      X       X       X
msvc-14.1   64      X       X       X
msvc-14.2   32      X       X       X
msvc-14.2   64      X       X       X

Compile means that the b2 command completed without errors
Link means that visual studio was able to link a sample executable to a
library (libboost_thread-vcXXX-mt[-gd]-1_XX.lib) generated
Execute means that the linked program executed without errors.

The full build logs are here:
https://gist.github.com/teeks99/ad518e964df87f959d68cc1e728800b3

Tom

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.72.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 11/17/19 18:16, Tom Kent wrote:
>
>
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 6:04 AM Michael Caisse via Boost
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Boost release 1.72.0 beta 1 rc1 is now available at:
>
>     <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.72.0.beta.1.rc1/source/>
>

<snip hashy stuff>

>
> Looks good for Windows/Visual Studio.
>

<snip result details>

>
> Tom

Thank you for giving it a spin Tom!

--
Michael Caisse
Ciere Consulting
ciere.com

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.72.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 4:11 AM Michael Caisse via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Boost release 1.72.0 beta 1 rc1 is now available at:
>
> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.72.0.beta.1.rc1/source/>
>
> The release notes are not yet available.
> The updated documentation is not yet available.
> [ They will be available in a day or two. ]
>
> The SHA256 checksums are as follows:
>
> 3dd80fc3979c312bf892398c35778d821f6744a7fbf76c8248c85b4f3702e4d4
> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.7z
> 676e476a2a1246c7c5e8f40230fa70469f29dfe8aaa5bce0a85f94692e605c68
> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.tar.bz2
> e62e5fdffe0772309c77fc9463a95350ebcabb2ce03f2c6ee177123016756044
> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.tar.gz
> e3199f3f5046541570fffacd804d736e1999cfac05df6cc054ec97c8098d000d
> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.zip
>
>
> Please download the beta release candidate, give it a try, and report
> any problems you encounter.
>

On Mac OS X Mojave (10.14), I can't build Boost.iostreams:

clang-darwin.compile.c++
bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden/zlib.o
clang-darwin.compile.c++
bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden/lzma.o
clang-darwin.link.dll
bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden/libboost_iostreams.dylib
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_lzma_cputhreads", referenced from:

boost::iostreams::detail::lzma_base::do_init(boost::iostreams::lzma_params
const&, bool, void* (*)(void*, unsigned long, unsigned long), void
(*)(void*, void*), void*) in lzma.o
  "_lzma_stream_encoder_mt", referenced from:
      boost::iostreams::detail::lzma_base::reset(bool, bool) in lzma.o
      boost::iostreams::detail::lzma_base::init_stream(bool) in lzma.o

boost::iostreams::detail::lzma_base::do_init(boost::iostreams::lzma_params
const&, bool, void* (*)(void*, unsigned long, unsigned long), void
(*)(void*, void*), void*) in lzma.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

    "/usr/bin/clang++"   -o
"bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden/libboost_iostreams.dylib"
-single_module -dynamiclib -install_name "@rpath/libboost_iostreams.dylib"
"bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden/file_descriptor.o"
"bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden/mapped_file.o"
"bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden/bzip2.o"
"bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden/gzip.o"
"bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden/lzma.o"
"bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden/zlib.o"
      -lz -lbz2 -llzma  -fPIC -m64 -std=c++11 -fvisibility=hidden
-fvisibility-inlines-hidden -stdlib=libc++

...failed clang-darwin.link.dll
bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden/libboost_iostreams.dylib...
...skipped
<p/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/stage/lib>libboost_iostreams.dylib
for lack of
<pbin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden>libboost_iostreams.dylib...
...skipped
<pbin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden>libboost_iostreams-variant-shared.cmake
for lack of
<pbin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden>libboost_iostreams.dylib...
...skipped
<p/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/stage/lib/cmake/boost_iostreams-1.72.0>libboost_iostreams-variant-shared.cmake
for lack of
<pbin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/clang-darwin-10.0/release/cxxstd-11-iso/threading-multi/visibility-hidden>libboost_iostreams-variant-shared.cmake...


[ This is with both Apple's clang and a freshly built clang from source ]

-- Marshall

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.72.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 4:11 AM Michael Caisse via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Boost release 1.72.0 beta 1 rc1 is now available at:
>
> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.72.0.beta.1.rc1/source/>
>
> The release notes are not yet available.
> The updated documentation is not yet available.
> [ They will be available in a day or two. ]
>
> The SHA256 checksums are as follows:
>
> 3dd80fc3979c312bf892398c35778d821f6744a7fbf76c8248c85b4f3702e4d4
> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.7z
> 676e476a2a1246c7c5e8f40230fa70469f29dfe8aaa5bce0a85f94692e605c68
> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.tar.bz2
> e62e5fdffe0772309c77fc9463a95350ebcabb2ce03f2c6ee177123016756044
> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.tar.gz
> e3199f3f5046541570fffacd804d736e1999cfac05df6cc054ec97c8098d000d
> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.zip
>
>
> Please download the beta release candidate, give it a try, and report
> any problems you encounter.
>
>
I am seeing problems with b2/boost.build on Ubuntu.

I have a configuration for "Clang - tip of tree", which I define thus:

using clang : tot
        : "/Sources/LLVM/bin/bin/clang++"
        : <cxxflags>"-stdlib=libc++ -I /Sources/LLVM/llvm/projects/libcxx
-Wno-register" <linkflags>"-stdlib=libc++"
        ;

Works great in 1.5x through 1.71, and for 1.72.0 on Mac OS.
On Ubuntu, however, it fails:

$ ./b2 toolset=clang-tot/cxxstd=2a
MPI auto-detection failed: unknown wrapper compiler mpic++
Please report this error to the Boost mailing list: http://www.boost.org
You will need to manually configure MPI support.
Performing configuration checks

    - default address-model    : 64-bit
    - default architecture     : x86

Building the Boost C++ Libraries.


    - C++11 mutex              : yes
    - lockfree boost::atomic_flag : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_auto_declarations : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_constexpr : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_defaulted_functions : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_final : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_hdr_mutex : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_hdr_tuple : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_lambdas : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_noexcept : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_nullptr : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_rvalue_references : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_template_aliases : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_thread_local : yes
    - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_variadic_templates : yes
    - has_icu builds           : no
warning: Graph library does not contain MPI-based parallel components.
note: to enable them, add "using mpi ;" to your user-config.jam.
note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-graph_parallel" to bjam.
    - zlib                     : no
    - bzip2                    : no
    - lzma                     : no
    - zstd                     : no
    - iconv (libc)             : yes
    - icu                      : no
    - icu (lib64)              : no
    - native-atomic-int32-supported : yes
    - native-syslog-supported  : yes
    - pthread-supports-robust-mutexes : yes
    - compiler-supports-ssse3  : yes
    - compiler-supports-avx2   : yes
    - gcc visibility           : yes
    - long double support      : yes
warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.
    - libbacktrace builds      : no
    - addr2line builds         : yes
    - WinDbg builds            : no
    - WinDbgCached builds      : no
    - BOOST_COMP_GNUC >= 4.3.0 : no
    - zlib                     : no
    - bzip2                    : no
    - lzma                     : no
    - zstd                     : no
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/tools/common.jam:983:
in toolset-tag
*** argument error
* rule numbers.less ( n1 n2 )
* called with: ( 3 )
* missing argument n2
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/util/numbers.jam:66:see
definition of rule 'numbers.less' being called
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/tools/common.jam:854:
in common.format-name
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/boost_install/boost-install.jam:88:
in boost-install.generate-cmake-variant-
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/kernel/modules.jam:107:
in modules.call-in
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/util/indirect.jam:105:
in indirect.call
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/build/virtual-target.jam:902:
in execute
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/build/virtual-target.jam:821:
in [hidden email]
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/build/virtual-target.jam:332:
in actualize-action
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/build/virtual-target.jam:518:
in actualize-no-scanner
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/build/virtual-target.jam:142:
in [hidden email]
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/build-system.jam:810:
in load
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/kernel/modules.jam:295:
in import
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/kernel/bootstrap.jam:139:
in boost-build
/Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/boost-build.jam:17: in module scope

-- Marshall

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.72.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On my Mac, I the version of LZMA that I have installed (via homebrew) does
not have the multi-tasking calls (_lzma_cputhreads and
_lzma_stream_encoder_mt).
It identifies itself:

$ cat junk.cpp
#include <iostream>
#include "lzma.h"

int main() {
std::cout << LZMA_VERSION << std::endl;
}

$ clang++ junk.cpp && ./a.out
50020042
$

Changing libs/iostreams/src/lzma.cpp thus solves enables things to build:

#ifndef BOOST_IOSTREAMS_LZMA_NO_MULTITHREADED
-    #if LZMA_VERSION < 50020002
+   #if LZMA_VERSION <= 50020042
        #define BOOST_IOSTREAMS_LZMA_NO_MULTITHREADED
    #endif
#endif

-- Marshall

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.72.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
Peter Dimov has come up with a solution for this; I have tested it locally.
-- Marshall

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 10:09 AM Marshall Clow <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>
>
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 4:11 AM Michael Caisse via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Boost release 1.72.0 beta 1 rc1 is now available at:
>>
>> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.72.0.beta.1.rc1/source/>
>>
>> The release notes are not yet available.
>> The updated documentation is not yet available.
>> [ They will be available in a day or two. ]
>>
>> The SHA256 checksums are as follows:
>>
>> 3dd80fc3979c312bf892398c35778d821f6744a7fbf76c8248c85b4f3702e4d4
>> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.7z
>> 676e476a2a1246c7c5e8f40230fa70469f29dfe8aaa5bce0a85f94692e605c68
>> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.tar.bz2
>> e62e5fdffe0772309c77fc9463a95350ebcabb2ce03f2c6ee177123016756044
>> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.tar.gz
>> e3199f3f5046541570fffacd804d736e1999cfac05df6cc054ec97c8098d000d
>> boost_1_72_0_b1_rc1.zip
>>
>>
>> Please download the beta release candidate, give it a try, and report
>> any problems you encounter.
>>
>>
> I am seeing problems with b2/boost.build on Ubuntu.
>
> I have a configuration for "Clang - tip of tree", which I define thus:
>
> using clang : tot
>         : "/Sources/LLVM/bin/bin/clang++"
>         : <cxxflags>"-stdlib=libc++ -I /Sources/LLVM/llvm/projects/libcxx
> -Wno-register" <linkflags>"-stdlib=libc++"
>         ;
>
> Works great in 1.5x through 1.71, and for 1.72.0 on Mac OS.
> On Ubuntu, however, it fails:
>
> $ ./b2 toolset=clang-tot/cxxstd=2a
> MPI auto-detection failed: unknown wrapper compiler mpic++
> Please report this error to the Boost mailing list: http://www.boost.org
> You will need to manually configure MPI support.
> Performing configuration checks
>
>     - default address-model    : 64-bit
>     - default architecture     : x86
>
> Building the Boost C++ Libraries.
>
>
>     - C++11 mutex              : yes
>     - lockfree boost::atomic_flag : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_auto_declarations : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_constexpr : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_defaulted_functions : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_final : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_hdr_mutex : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_hdr_tuple : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_lambdas : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_noexcept : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_nullptr : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_rvalue_references : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_template_aliases : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_thread_local : yes
>     - Boost.Config Feature Check: cxx11_variadic_templates : yes
>     - has_icu builds           : no
> warning: Graph library does not contain MPI-based parallel components.
> note: to enable them, add "using mpi ;" to your user-config.jam.
> note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-graph_parallel" to bjam.
>     - zlib                     : no
>     - bzip2                    : no
>     - lzma                     : no
>     - zstd                     : no
>     - iconv (libc)             : yes
>     - icu                      : no
>     - icu (lib64)              : no
>     - native-atomic-int32-supported : yes
>     - native-syslog-supported  : yes
>     - pthread-supports-robust-mutexes : yes
>     - compiler-supports-ssse3  : yes
>     - compiler-supports-avx2   : yes
>     - gcc visibility           : yes
>     - long double support      : yes
> warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
> note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
> note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
> note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.
>     - libbacktrace builds      : no
>     - addr2line builds         : yes
>     - WinDbg builds            : no
>     - WinDbgCached builds      : no
>     - BOOST_COMP_GNUC >= 4.3.0 : no
>     - zlib                     : no
>     - bzip2                    : no
>     - lzma                     : no
>     - zstd                     : no
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/tools/common.jam:983:
> in toolset-tag
> *** argument error
> * rule numbers.less ( n1 n2 )
> * called with: ( 3 )
> * missing argument n2
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/util/numbers.jam:66:see
> definition of rule 'numbers.less' being called
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/tools/common.jam:854:
> in common.format-name
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/boost_install/boost-install.jam:88:
> in boost-install.generate-cmake-variant-
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/kernel/modules.jam:107:
> in modules.call-in
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/util/indirect.jam:105:
> in indirect.call
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/build/virtual-target.jam:902:
> in execute
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/build/virtual-target.jam:821:
> in [hidden email]
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/build/virtual-target.jam:332:
> in actualize-action
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/build/virtual-target.jam:518:
> in actualize-no-scanner
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/build/virtual-target.jam:142:
> in [hidden email]
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/build-system.jam:810:
> in load
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/kernel/modules.jam:295:
> in import
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/kernel/bootstrap.jam:139:
> in boost-build
> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/boost-build.jam:17: in module scope
>
> -- Marshall
>
>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.72.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
This appears to be https://github.com/boostorg/iostreams/issues/102, and
https://github.com/boostorg/iostreams/pull/103 is a suggested fix.

-- Marshall

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 11:56 AM Marshall Clow <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On my Mac, I the version of LZMA that I have installed (via homebrew) does
> not have the multi-tasking calls (_lzma_cputhreads and
> _lzma_stream_encoder_mt).
> It identifies itself:
>
> $ cat junk.cpp
> #include <iostream>
> #include "lzma.h"
>
> int main() {
> std::cout << LZMA_VERSION << std::endl;
> }
>
> $ clang++ junk.cpp && ./a.out
> 50020042
> $
>
> Changing libs/iostreams/src/lzma.cpp thus solves enables things to build:
>
> #ifndef BOOST_IOSTREAMS_LZMA_NO_MULTITHREADED
> -    #if LZMA_VERSION < 50020002
> +   #if LZMA_VERSION <= 50020042
>         #define BOOST_IOSTREAMS_LZMA_NO_MULTITHREADED
>     #endif
> #endif
>
> -- Marshall
>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.72.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 12:09 PM Marshall Clow <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> /Sources/Boost/releases/boost_1_72_0/tools/build/src/tools/common.jam:983:
> in toolset-tag
> *** argument error
> * rule numbers.less ( n1 n2 )
> * called with: ( 3 )
> * missing argument n2
>

Peter has a fix for this here <https://github.com/boostorg/build/pull/509>.
Since.. (a) there where no plans to make a new b2 release before 1.72 (b)
the problem is limited to those "expert" users with custom version-less
toolsets (c) and regular users will almost certainly not run into this (d)
and I definitely not have the time to make a release -- of any kind -- for
the beta. Hence I'll work slowly to create a b2 4.0.1 patch release
possibly for next week.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- Robot Dreams - http://robot-dreams.net

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost