[release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
The second release candidates for the 1.67.0 release are now available at:

<https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/release/1.67.0/source/>

The SHA256 checksums are as follows:

1cd94f03a71334a67d36f5161b57f5931e0cd6ecf726d7aca8bd82a3be720b74
boost_1_67_0_rc2.7z
2684c972994ee57fc5632e03bf044746f6eb45d4920c343937a465fd67a5adba
boost_1_67_0_rc2.tar.bz2
8aa4e330c870ef50a896634c931adf468b21f8a69b77007e45c444151229f665
boost_1_67_0_rc2.tar.gz
7e37372d8cedd0fd6b7529e9dd67c2cb1c60e6c607aed721f5894d704945a7ec
boost_1_67_0_rc2.zip

As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
I downloaded the 7z version on Ubuntu 17.10 x64 with GCC 7.2.
I  built without problems. I built , too, the test programs of the Sort
library , and all is OK.
Thanks

Francisco

2018-04-11 20:53 GMT+02:00 Daniel James via Boost <[hidden email]>:

> The second release candidates for the 1.67.0 release are now available at:
>
> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/release/1.67.0/source/>
>
> The SHA256 checksums are as follows:
>
> 1cd94f03a71334a67d36f5161b57f5931e0cd6ecf726d7aca8bd82a3be720b74
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.7z
> 2684c972994ee57fc5632e03bf044746f6eb45d4920c343937a465fd67a5adba
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.tar.bz2
> 8aa4e330c870ef50a896634c931adf468b21f8a69b77007e45c444151229f665
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.tar.gz
> 7e37372d8cedd0fd6b7529e9dd67c2cb1c60e6c607aed721f5894d704945a7ec
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.zip
>
> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/
> mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
I successfully built candidate 2 for
msvc-12.0 (x86 and x64)
msvc-14.0 (x86 and x64)
msvc-14.1 (x86 and x64)

In addition I also successfully built and ran tests of Boost.date_time.


Thank you,
Pranam Lashkari.



On Thu 12 Apr, 2018, 12:24 AM Daniel James via Boost, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The second release candidates for the 1.67.0 release are now available at:
>
> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/release/1.67.0/source/>
>
> The SHA256 checksums are as follows:
>
> 1cd94f03a71334a67d36f5161b57f5931e0cd6ecf726d7aca8bd82a3be720b74
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.7z
> 2684c972994ee57fc5632e03bf044746f6eb45d4920c343937a465fd67a5adba
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.tar.bz2
> 8aa4e330c870ef50a896634c931adf468b21f8a69b77007e45c444151229f665
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.tar.gz
> 7e37372d8cedd0fd6b7529e9dd67c2cb1c60e6c607aed721f5894d704945a7ec
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.zip
>
> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes:
> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 1:53 PM, Daniel James via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The second release candidates for the 1.67.0 release are now available at:
>
> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/release/1.67.0/source/>
>
> The SHA256 checksums are as follows:
>
> 1cd94f03a71334a67d36f5161b57f5931e0cd6ecf726d7aca8bd82a3be720b74
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.7z
> 2684c972994ee57fc5632e03bf044746f6eb45d4920c343937a465fd67a5adba
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.tar.bz2
> 8aa4e330c870ef50a896634c931adf468b21f8a69b77007e45c444151229f665
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.tar.gz
> 7e37372d8cedd0fd6b7529e9dd67c2cb1c60e6c607aed721f5894d704945a7ec
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.zip
>
> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.
>

Windows/Visual Studio builds look good.

toolset     arch    compile Link    Execute
msvc-8.0    32      X       X       X
msvc-8.0    64      X       X       X
msvc-9.0    32      X       X       X
msvc-9.0    64      X       X       X
msvc-10.0   32      X       X       X
msvc-10.0   64      X       X       X
msvc-11.0   32      X       X       X
msvc-11.0   64      X       X       X
msvc-12.0   32      X       X       X
msvc-12.0   64      X       X       X
msvc-14.0   32      X       X       X
msvc-14.0   64      X       X       X
msvc-14.1   32      X       X       X
msvc-14.1   64      X       X       X

Compile means that the b2 command completed without errors
Link means that visual studio was able to link a sample executable to a
library (libboost_thread-vcXXX-mt[-gd]-1_XX.lib)
generated
Execute means that the linked program executed without errors.

Tom

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On 11 April 2018 at 19:53, Daniel James <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.

Thanks to everyone who has tested it so far, and will before the
release. If nothing serious turns up, I'm planning to release on
Saturday.

Should probably have mentioned that you can see the release notes at:

https://www.boost.org/users/history/in_progress.html

Updates are still welcome.

And the documentation is at:

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_67_0/

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On 11.04.2018 14:53, Daniel James via Boost wrote:

> The second release candidates for the 1.67.0 release are now available at:
>
> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/release/1.67.0/source/>
>
> The SHA256 checksums are as follows:
>
> 1cd94f03a71334a67d36f5161b57f5931e0cd6ecf726d7aca8bd82a3be720b74
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.7z
> 2684c972994ee57fc5632e03bf044746f6eb45d4920c343937a465fd67a5adba
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.tar.bz2
> 8aa4e330c870ef50a896634c931adf468b21f8a69b77007e45c444151229f665
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.tar.gz
> 7e37372d8cedd0fd6b7529e9dd67c2cb1c60e6c607aed721f5894d704945a7ec
> boost_1_67_0_rc2.zip
>
> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.

Hi Daniel,

a user just notified me of a Boost.Python auto-linking bug (Windows
only, obviously), which I addressed in
https://github.com/boostorg/python/commit/24313709a78c694af4ae29116cd06ea86585aa95.
Please have a look and cherry-pick this into the release, if you think
it's appropriate.

Many thanks,

Stefan

--

      ...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...
   


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello Daniel and all,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 11:53 AM, Daniel James via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The second release candidates for the 1.67.0 release are now available at:
>
> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/release/1.67.0/source/>

I downloaded RC2 .7z and built successfully using GCC 6.4.0 on Cygwin.

I also built and run Boost.Contract examples and tests locally. I
checked Boost.Contract release notes and docs, all looks good.

Thank you.
--Lorenzo

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi,

I downloaded the source from boost_1_67_0_rc2.tar.bz2. I was able to build
successfully using gcc 5.4.0 on Ubuntu 16.04 x64, although there were some
warnings about violating strict-aliasing rules and type-punning.
I also built and ran the tests locally for Boost.ASIO, Boost.DateTime and
Boost.Test.

Regards,
Dattatreya Mohapatra‚ÄĆ

On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 at 23:05 Lorenzo Caminiti via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Daniel and all,
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 11:53 AM, Daniel James via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The second release candidates for the 1.67.0 release are now available
> at:
> >
> > <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/release/1.67.0/source/>
>
> I downloaded RC2 .7z and built successfully using GCC 6.4.0 on Cygwin.
>
> I also built and run Boost.Contract examples and tests locally. I
> checked Boost.Contract release notes and docs, all looks good.
>
> Thank you.
> --Lorenzo
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes:
> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On 12.04.2018 23:42, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> a user just notified me of a Boost.Python auto-linking bug (Windows
> only, obviously), which I addressed in
> https://github.com/boostorg/python/commit/24313709a78c694af4ae29116cd06ea86585aa95.
> Please have a look and cherry-pick this into the release, if you think
> it's appropriate.

Given that this patch didn't make it into master in time, I'd like to
ask for a Boost 1.67.1 bugfix release, as I have got the first bug
report about the above (https://github.com/boostorg/python/issues/195),
and I'm sure this won't be the last.

Thanks,

Stefan

--

      ...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...
   


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
Am 18.04.2018 um 12:42 schrieb Stefan Seefeld via Boost:

> On 12.04.2018 23:42, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> a user just notified me of a Boost.Python auto-linking bug (Windows
>> only, obviously), which I addressed in
>> https://github.com/boostorg/python/commit/24313709a78c694af4ae29116cd06ea86585aa95.
>> Please have a look and cherry-pick this into the release, if you think
>> it's appropriate.
>
> Given that this patch didn't make it into master in time, I'd like to
> ask for a Boost 1.67.1 bugfix release, as I have got the first bug
> report about the above (https://github.com/boostorg/python/issues/195),
> and I'm sure this won't be the last.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stefan
>

Hi Daniel and others,

if you should plan a 1.67.1 bugfix release, you should include commit
12726cda009a855073b9bedbdce57b6ce7763da2 from Boost.Lockfree, too.

Due to the fact that it is missing in 1.67.0 Boost.Lockfree cannot
compile if one does not explicitly include "boost/next_prior.hpp" before
including "boost/lockfree/spsc_queue.hpp".

Best regards,

Deniz

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 19 April 2018 at 18:10, Deniz Bahadir via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Am 18.04.2018 um 12:42 schrieb Stefan Seefeld via Boost:
>
>> On 12.04.2018 23:42, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Hi Daniel,
>>>
>>> a user just notified me of a Boost.Python auto-linking bug (Windows
>>> only, obviously), which I addressed in
>>> https://github.com/boostorg/python/commit/24313709a78c694af4
>>> ae29116cd06ea86585aa95.
>>> Please have a look and cherry-pick this into the release, if you think
>>> it's appropriate.
>>>
>>
>> Given that this patch didn't make it into master in time, I'd like to
>> ask for a Boost 1.67.1 bugfix release, as I have got the first bug
>> report about the above (https://github.com/boostorg/python/issues/195),
>> and I'm sure this won't be the last.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>>
> Hi Daniel and others,
>
> if you should plan a 1.67.1 bugfix release, you should include commit
> 12726cda009a855073b9bedbdce57b6ce7763da2 from Boost.Lockfree, too.
>

In the future it seems better to make sure all (known) things are in, as
opposed to "sticking to the schedule". I've said this before, so no need to
observe that there will always be bugs, sure. Rushing things, though, does
not seem to be the right approach.

degski

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
>> if you should plan a 1.67.1 bugfix release, you should include commit
>> 12726cda009a855073b9bedbdce57b6ce7763da2 from Boost.Lockfree, too.
>>
>
> In the future it seems better to make sure all (known) things are in, as
> opposed to "sticking to the schedule". I've said this before, so no need to
> observe that there will always be bugs, sure. Rushing things, though, does
> not seem to be the right approach.

due to absurd chaos in real life, didn't follow the boost release
schedule lately and therefore missed to merge lockfree/develop to master
before the 1.67 beta/rc ... although i knew that some bug fixes should
have landed in a release rather soon.
in case there is a 1.67.1, please use lockfree/master (38f0cfc2).

--

in general i like the idea of bugfix releases, as it will reduce the
number of bugs that users will see, while it still allows time-based
releases. but i know that it's additional work for the release managers ...


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 1:49 AM, Tim Blechmann via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> if you should plan a 1.67.1 bugfix release, you should include commit
> >> 12726cda009a855073b9bedbdce57b6ce7763da2 from Boost.Lockfree, too.
> >>
> >
> > In the future it seems better to make sure all (known) things are in, as
> > opposed to "sticking to the schedule". I've said this before, so no need
> to
> > observe that there will always be bugs, sure. Rushing things, though,
> does
> > not seem to be the right approach.
>
> due to absurd chaos in real life, didn't follow the boost release
> schedule lately and therefore missed to merge lockfree/develop to master
> before the 1.67 beta/rc ... although i knew that some bug fixes should
> have landed in a release rather soon.
> in case there is a 1.67.1, please use lockfree/master (38f0cfc2).
>
> --
>
> in general i like the idea of bugfix releases, as it will reduce the
> number of bugs that users will see, while it still allows time-based
> releases. but i know that it's additional work for the release managers ...
>

<https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2018/04/242042.php>


--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- Robot Dreams - http://robot-dreams.net

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost