[release] Boost 1.66.0 Beta 1

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[release] Boost 1.66.0 Beta 1

Boost - Users mailing list
Boost release 1.66.0 beta 1 is now available at:

<https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.66.0.beta.1/source/>

The SHA256 checksums are as follows:

e7b23e638e8c3a9da1512439385b04850829cea7bd56d8398677c096857d830b
boost_1_66_0_b1.7z
5d0405eb73bd609ebcd54bbc96d4f1e2d97c51b96c4703706695ddd94f942d6b
boost_1_66_0_b1.tar.bz2
f0f455e39bc47b2b670a17cb221687506e9a22dc478956d3d8aabb9cb835a7dc
boost_1_66_0_b1.tar.gz
694c8b9e902b7981670bce166f675f3875c19326936db51aabd98d2ddfea9b45
boost_1_66_0_b1.zip

For details of what's in the release, see
<http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_66_0.html>.

Please download the beta, give it a try, and report any problems you encounter.

Thanks,

-- The Boost Release Team
_______________________________________________
Boost-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Beta 1

Boost - Users mailing list
On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 5:43 PM, Tom Kent via Boost-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 8:41 AM, Daniel James via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Boost release 1.66.0 beta 1 is now available at:
>>
>> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.66.0.beta.1/source/>
>>
>> The SHA256 checksums are as follows:
>>
>> e7b23e638e8c3a9da1512439385b04850829cea7bd56d8398677c096857d830b
>> boost_1_66_0_b1.7z
>> 5d0405eb73bd609ebcd54bbc96d4f1e2d97c51b96c4703706695ddd94f942d6b
>> boost_1_66_0_b1.tar.bz2
>> f0f455e39bc47b2b670a17cb221687506e9a22dc478956d3d8aabb9cb835a7dc
>> boost_1_66_0_b1.tar.gz
>> 694c8b9e902b7981670bce166f675f3875c19326936db51aabd98d2ddfea9b45
>> boost_1_66_0_b1.zip
>>
>> For details of what's in the release, see
>> <http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_66_0.html>.
>>
>> Please download the beta, give it a try, and report any problems you
>> encounter.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -- The Boost Release Team
>
>
> The corresponding windows builds have been created and are available on
> bintray at:
> http://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.66.0.beta.1/binaries/

Which SDK(s) are you building against? C/C++ run-times?

That I know of, I've got Windows 8.x and 10 platform SDKs installed.

> Tom
>
> _______________________________________________
> Boost-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-users
_______________________________________________
Boost-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Beta 1

Boost - Users mailing list
On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Michael Powell via Boost-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 5:43 PM, Tom Kent via Boost-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 8:41 AM, Daniel James via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Boost release 1.66.0 beta 1 is now available at:
>>
>> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.66.0.beta.1/source/>
>>
>> The SHA256 checksums are as follows:
>>
>> e7b23e638e8c3a9da1512439385b04850829cea7bd56d8398677c096857d830b
>> boost_1_66_0_b1.7z
>> 5d0405eb73bd609ebcd54bbc96d4f1e2d97c51b96c4703706695ddd94f942d6b
>> boost_1_66_0_b1.tar.bz2
>> f0f455e39bc47b2b670a17cb221687506e9a22dc478956d3d8aabb9cb835a7dc
>> boost_1_66_0_b1.tar.gz
>> 694c8b9e902b7981670bce166f675f3875c19326936db51aabd98d2ddfea9b45
>> boost_1_66_0_b1.zip
>>
>> For details of what's in the release, see
>> <http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_66_0.html>.
>>
>> Please download the beta, give it a try, and report any problems you
>> encounter.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -- The Boost Release Team
>
>
> The corresponding windows builds have been created and are available on
> bintray at:
> http://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.66.0.beta.1/binaries/

Which SDK(s) are you building against? C/C++ run-times?

That I know of, I've got Windows 8.x and 10 platform SDKs installed.

I'm not entirely sure which SDKs get built into things by default. The builds are performed on Server 2012R2, but I don't think that affects the outputs. For older versions of Visual Studio it was just the C runtime. Has that changed with 2015/2017? 

The DEPENDENCY_VERSIONS.txt file with the release indicates most of the various versions I've seen important dependencies stem from. I'd be happy to identify more to add to there if they are truly relevant. 

Tom

_______________________________________________
Boost-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Beta 1

Boost - Users mailing list
On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Tom Kent via Boost-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Michael Powell via Boost-users
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 5:43 PM, Tom Kent via Boost-users
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> >
>> > On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 8:41 AM, Daniel James via Boost
>> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> Boost release 1.66.0 beta 1 is now available at:
>> >>
>> >> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.66.0.beta.1/source/>
>> >>
>> >> The SHA256 checksums are as follows:
>> >>
>> >> e7b23e638e8c3a9da1512439385b04850829cea7bd56d8398677c096857d830b
>> >> boost_1_66_0_b1.7z
>> >> 5d0405eb73bd609ebcd54bbc96d4f1e2d97c51b96c4703706695ddd94f942d6b
>> >> boost_1_66_0_b1.tar.bz2
>> >> f0f455e39bc47b2b670a17cb221687506e9a22dc478956d3d8aabb9cb835a7dc
>> >> boost_1_66_0_b1.tar.gz
>> >> 694c8b9e902b7981670bce166f675f3875c19326936db51aabd98d2ddfea9b45
>> >> boost_1_66_0_b1.zip
>> >>
>> >> For details of what's in the release, see
>> >> <http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_66_0.html>.
>> >>
>> >> Please download the beta, give it a try, and report any problems you
>> >> encounter.

I haven't noticed anything yet, but I was just curious. Wanting to
gain a better understanding.

Mainly I am concerned with VS2015+. I'm not so concerned with VS2012-;
arguably VS2013 is less relevant today than it ever was.

I did look at the DV file, but it didn't name anything like a specific
runtime, platform SDK, etc.

>> >> Thanks,
>> >>
>> >> -- The Boost Release Team
>> >
>> >
>> > The corresponding windows builds have been created and are available on
>> > bintray at:
>> > http://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/beta/1.66.0.beta.1/binaries/
>>
>> Which SDK(s) are you building against? C/C++ run-times?
>>
>> That I know of, I've got Windows 8.x and 10 platform SDKs installed.
>
>
> I'm not entirely sure which SDKs get built into things by default. The
> builds are performed on Server 2012R2, but I don't think that affects the
> outputs. For older versions of Visual Studio it was just the C runtime. Has
> that changed with 2015/2017?
>
> The DEPENDENCY_VERSIONS.txt file with the release indicates most of the
> various versions I've seen important dependencies stem from. I'd be happy to
> identify more to add to there if they are truly relevant.
>
> Tom
>
> _______________________________________________
> Boost-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-users
_______________________________________________
Boost-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-users