[release] 1.75.0 post-beta merges

123

[release] 1.75.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.

See <https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy>

Reminder: The master branch closes for the release on December 2nd.
Full calendar here: https://www.boost.org/development/

-- The release managers

Re: [release] 1.75.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 11/15/20 11:05 AM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:

> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.
>
> See <https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> Reminder: The master branch closes for the release on December 2nd.
> Full calendar here: https://www.boost.org/development/
>
> -- The release managers

request permission to sync changes in develop into master for two
libraries: serialization and safe_numerics. They've been ready for some
time, I just forgot to do it in time.

Robert Ramey

On 15/11/2020 19:05, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.

boostorg/outcome now has the fix for the exception throw failure on
master branch. I'll watch the regression matrix, see if it now goes all
green.

Niall

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 7:06 PM Niall Douglas wrote:

> On 15/11/2020 19:05, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> > The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> > described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.
>
> boostorg/outcome now has the fix for the exception throw failure on
> master branch. I'll watch the regression matrix, see if it now goes all
> green.

Permission for merges to master are required at this point. You should
commit to develop, let he tests cycle, and then request permission to
merge to master.

Glen

Robert Ramey wrote:
> request permission to sync changes in develop into master for
> two libraries: serialization and safe_numerics. They've been ready for
> some time, I just forgot to do it in time.

Go ahead.

Glen

Re: [release] 1.75.0 post-beta merges

On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 at 20:06, Marshall Clow via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.

I have some minor Beast fixes that have been successfully tested on develop.

Seeking permission to merge to master.

> See <https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> Reminder: The master branch closes for the release on December 2nd.
> Full calendar here: https://www.boost.org/development/
>
> -- The release managers

Richard Hodges
[hidden email]
office: +442032898513
home: +376841522
mobile: +376380212

On Monday, November 16, 2020, Richard Hodges wrote:

> I have some minor Beast fixes that have been successfully tested on
> develop.
>
> Seeking permission to merge to master.

Go ahead.

Glen

Re: [release] 1.75.0 post-beta merges

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 11:05 AM Marshall Clow via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.

I'd like to merge these three Very Stable Commits to master. Ermm.. I
mean "main." Or whatever it is called these days.

Disable unreachable code warning
https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/f8d2c7617e8757221475904223771f5e71504633

gcc 4.7 is not supported
https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/512a8478de00a69eda9dfa8ea34c91f274b35636

Add GH issue template
https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/76ee8891d20167a2192aa594b7d2c702be2b9c20

Thanks

Re: [release] 1.75.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 12:57 PM Vinnie Falco via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 11:05 AM Marshall Clow via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> > described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.
>
> I'd like to merge these three Very Stable Commits to master. Ermm.. I
> mean "main." Or whatever it is called these days.
>
> Disable unreachable code warning
> https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/f8d2c7617e8757221475904223771f5e71504633
>
> gcc 4.7 is not supported
> https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/512a8478de00a69eda9dfa8ea34c91f274b35636

Looks fine to me.

> Add GH issue template
> https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/76ee8891d20167a2192aa594b7d2c702be2b9c20

You don't need permission to merge things like this.

Glen

On 16/11/2020 18:18, Glen Fernandes via Boost wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 12:57 PM Vinnie Falco via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 11:05 AM Marshall Clow via Boost
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.

If possible I'd like to another merge of fixes in Boost.Math.

Diffs: https://github.com/boostorg/math/compare/master...develop

Fix issues:

https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/447

https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/448

https://github.com/boostorg/math/issues/451

https://github.com/boostorg/math/issues/453

https://github.com/boostorg/math/issues/449

https://github.com/boostorg/math/issues/445

There is also this small patch to type_traits which um... I confess I
forgot all about for this release:

https://github.com/boostorg/type_traits/commit/c6c7ff164789e7ca1d71745714cb27fae956360b

Many thanks, John.

John Maddock wrote:

> There is also this small patch to type_traits which um... I confess I
> forgot all about for this release:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/type_traits/commit/c6c7ff164789e7ca1d71745714cb27fae956360b

Set up a Travis merge reminder and you won't be forgetting things.

https://github.com/pdimov/merge-reminder
https://travis-ci.org/github/pdimov/merge-reminder

Re: [release] 1.75.0 post-beta merges

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 2:08 PM John Maddock via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is also this small patch to type_traits which um... I confess I
> forgot all about for this release:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/type_traits/commit/c6c7ff164789e7ca1d71745714cb27fae956360b

I should have reminded you of this one.

Go ahead.

Glen

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.

Can we please squeak this in? It is an embarrassing omission noticed
by a tester:

Add value::is_integral
<https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/099a82957a75bf088a8bc45a379f81b3c6661d18>

Thanks

On Nov 16, 2020, at 8:48 PM, Vinnie Falco <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 11:05 AM Marshall Clow via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.
>
> Can we please squeak this in? It is an embarrassing omission noticed
> by a tester:
>
> Add value::is_integral
> <https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/099a82957a75bf088a8bc45a379f81b3c6661d18>

Go ahead.

— Marshall

Re: [release] 1.75.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
> On Nov 16, 2020, at 8:48 PM, Vinnie Falco <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Can we please squeak this in? It is an embarrassing omission noticed by
> > a tester:
> >
> > Add value::is_integral
> > <https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/099a82957a75bf088a8bc45a379f81b3c6661d18>

This addition is of questionable utility (and so is the practice of adding
features post-beta.)

JSON as a format doesn't distinguish between 100 and 1e2, but this facility
encourages writing code that accepts the former and rejects the latter, even
though they are equivalent in principle.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.

I would like to merge this fix for docca (it is a tool used to build
documentation for Beast and JSON):

<https://github.com/boostorg/docca/commit/36187e2c964f000c259cca32b48371fe068e46fe>

it isn't essential, and it could break the doc build. I have merged it
to develop.

Also, Peter has convinced me to revert the is_integral change, as
adding features post-beta is probably not a good idea (and I think the
feature might not be as great as I imagined).

Thanks

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.

I would like to revert the is_integral() addition:

<https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/499ef7d4b1572d16da0c34e3a9ad4d8730265fe7>

And I would like to merge these two fixes:

Safer shared library behavior
<https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/38c31a1812275a8f18f3faaa4269af6b7e7ac9b2>

Fix value_to and value_from for MSVC-14.0
<https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/21cdb11346ac01313dcdde4beeaf9bceb8f97b67>

Thanks

On 16/11/2020 01:13, Glen Fernandes wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 7:06 PM Niall Douglas wrote:
>>
>> On 15/11/2020 19:05, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
>>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.
>>
>> boostorg/outcome now has the fix for the exception throw failure on
>> master branch. I'll watch the regression matrix, see if it now goes all
>> green.
>
> Permission for merges to master are required at this point. You should
> commit to develop, let he tests cycle, and then request permission to
> merge to master.

Looks like someone git reset master branch to undo my fix. Thank you to
whomever did that.

May I have permission to merge the fix for the exception throw failure
to master branch?

Niall

Re: [release] 1.75.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, Niall Douglas via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 16/11/2020 01:13, Glen Fernandes wrote:

> >> boostorg/outcome now has the fix for the exception throw failure on
> >> master branch. I'll watch the regression matrix, see if it now goes all
> >> green.
> >
> > Permission for merges to master are required at this point. You should
> > commit to develop, let he tests cycle, and then request permission to
> > merge to master.
>
> Looks like someone git reset master branch to undo my fix. Thank you to
> whomever did that.
>
> May I have permission to merge the fix for the exception throw failure
> to master branch?

Go ahead.

Glen

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.

I would also like to merge these two (one updates the doc toolchain,
the other updates JSON's doc config file)

<https://github.com/boostorg/docca/commit/36187e2c964f000c259cca32b48371fe068e46fe>
<https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/bfacd2bfd8ea563f7a93790ab45fa4631c969dbd>

And this one, which fixes the problem where shared libraries can't be
built in standalone:

<https://github.com/boostorg/json/commit/9e67899cd5ef017e02435809481581e8d8193672>

Thanks!

123