[release] 1.73.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.

See <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy>

Reminder: The master branch closes for the release on April 22nd.

-- The release managers

Re: [release] 1.73.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 11:27 AM Marshall Clow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.

URL for Post-Beta Merge Policy:
https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy

(The boostorg/boost wiki was moved to boostorg/wiki)

Glen

W dniu 12.04.2020 o 17:38, Glen Fernandes via Boost pisze:
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 11:27 AM Marshall Clow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.
>>
> URL for Post-Beta Merge Policy:
> https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy
>
> (The boostorg/boost wiki was moved to boostorg/wiki)
Hi, I'd like to merge documentation changes and a trivial bugfix:
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/compare/master...develop

Adam

Re: [release] 1.73.0 post-beta merges

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 8:27 AM Marshall Clow via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Reminder: The master branch closes for the release on April 22nd.

I'm seeing build breakage for Beast, coming from either OpenSSL or Boost.Asio:

<https://travis-ci.org/github/boostorg/beast/jobs/676950151#L1281>

Thanks

Re: [release] 1.73.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
I wonder what version of OpenSSL that builder is using.

In OpenSSL 1.0 (and before), it appears that `X509_check_ip_asc` is
in <openssl/x509.h>.
See https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.0/man3/X509_check_ip_asc.html

In OpenSSL 1.1, it appears that `X509_check_ip_asc` is
in <openssl/x509v3.h>.
See https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.1/man3/X509_check_ip_asc.html

-- Marshall

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 6:29 PM Marshall Clow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wonder what version of OpenSSL that builder is using.
>
> In OpenSSL 1.0 (and before), it appears that `X509_check_ip_asc` is
> in <openssl/x509.h>.
> See https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.0/man3/X509_check_ip_asc.html
>
> In OpenSSL 1.1, it appears that `X509_check_ip_asc` is
> in <openssl/x509v3.h>.
> See https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.1/man3/X509_check_ip_asc.html

This may have nothing to do with the error that Vinnie is seeing; I just
noticed it as I was clicking around.

-- Marshall

Re: [release] 1.73.0 post-beta merges

Christopher:

Just a heads up, that Asio's SSL support now requires OpenSSL 1.0.2 or later.

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 6:30 PM Marshall Clow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wonder what version of OpenSSL that builder is using.
>
> In OpenSSL 1.0 (and before), it appears that `X509_check_ip_asc` is in <openssl/x509.h>.
> See https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.0/man3/X509_check_ip_asc.html
>
> In OpenSSL 1.1, it appears that `X509_check_ip_asc` is in <openssl/x509v3.h>.
> See https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.1/man3/X509_check_ip_asc.html
>
> -- Marshall
>
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 3:26 PM Vinnie Falco <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 8:27 AM Marshall Clow via Boost
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Reminder: The master branch closes for the release on April 22nd.
>>
>> I'm seeing build breakage for Beast, coming from either OpenSSL or Boost.Asio:
>>
>> <https://travis-ci.org/github/boostorg/beast/jobs/676950151#L1281>
>>
>> Thanks

Vinnie

Follow me on GitHub: https://github.com/vinniefalco

Am 20.04.20 um 03:51 schrieb Vinnie Falco via Boost:
> Christopher:
>
> Just a heads up, that Asio's SSL support now requires OpenSSL 1.0.2 or later.

FWIW: It seems it shouldn't even do that. "Version 1.0.2 is no longer
supported" https://www.openssl.org/policies/releasestrat.html

Not sure if it can put a requirement on >= 1.1.1 (1.1.0 is also not
supported anymore), but if possible it should

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

On 2020-04-20 12:07, Alexander Grund via Boost wrote:

> Am 20.04.20 um 03:51 schrieb Vinnie Falco via Boost:
>> Christopher:
>>
>> Just a heads up, that Asio's SSL support now requires OpenSSL 1.0.2 or
>> later.
>
> FWIW: It seems it shouldn't even do that. "Version 1.0.2 is no longer
> supported" https://www.openssl.org/policies/releasestrat.html
>
> Not sure if it can put a requirement on >= 1.1.1 (1.1.0 is also not
> supported anymore), but if possible it should

It may not be supported by the upstream project, but it may be supported
by the package builders. For example, RHEL 7 ships OpenSSL 1.0.2.

On 12.04.20 17:27, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.
>
> See <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> Reminder: The master branch closes for the release on April 22nd.
>
> -- The release managers

If there is no objection, I would like to merge this to master for the
release: https://github.com/boostorg/test/compare/master...develop

Content is as follow:

- removal of old files used in unit tests
- fixup of 2 unit tests
- README.md update
- travis/appveyor update
- fixup of a warning

Develop is getting greener than before since I made those changes to
develop, and my CI is green (Appveyor/Travis still work in progress).

Thanks,
Raffi

On 2020-04-12 18:27, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.
>
> See <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> Reminder: The master branch closes for the release on April 22nd.

I would like to merge this Boost.Log commit to master:

https://github.com/boostorg/log/commit/49af1c8fa0137047ec6e6e783581eb10e504c9db

It silences clang-10 warnings about deprecated implicit generation of a
copy assignment operator. The CI tests have passed.

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020, Andrey Semashev  wrote:

> I would like to merge this Boost.Log commit to master:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/log/commit/49af1c8fa0137047ec6e6
> e783581eb10e504c9db
>
> It silences clang-10 warnings about deprecated implicit generation of a
> copy assignment operator. The CI tests have passed.

Go ahead.

Glen

Re: [release] 1.73.0 post-beta merges

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 2:28 AM Raffi Enficiaud via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> If there is no objection, I would like to merge this to master for the
> release: https://github.com/boostorg/test/compare/master...develop

Go ahead; OK to merge.

Glen

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020, at 11:51 AM, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> Christopher:
>
> Just a heads up, that Asio's SSL support now requires OpenSSL 1.0.2 or later.

Thanks, yep, a note along these lines has been added to the revision history.