[release] 1.69.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See <
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>

The master branch will close for the 1.69.0 release on 5-December.
The release calendar is at https://www.boost.org/development/index.html

-- The Boost release team.

Re: [release] 1.69.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 11/18/18 6:31 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See <
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> The master branch will close for the 1.69.0 release on 5-December.
> The release calendar is at https://www.boost.org/development/index.html
>
> -- The Boost release team.

I would like to merge the last round of bug fixes for the boost
serialization library.  We spent a lot of time to get this right because
of that we just couldn't get all the improvements done in time for the
initial round.  As a result, the test test matrix for the boost
serialization library shows fewer failures than it ever has.

Robert Ramey

Re: [release] 1.69.0 post-beta merges

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 8:32 PM Marshall Clow via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges

There are a variety of b2 changes in develop that I'd like to merge to
master. And there is a change in boost super-project that goes along with
them. The changes amount to this:

* Make clang-win work.
* Restore b2 documentation in release archive.

Can I merge the b2 develop state over to master? And would a PR for the
boost super-project to generate tool documentation on master be acceptable?

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Re: [release] 1.69.0 post-beta merges

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 8:07 PM Robert Ramey via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/18/18 6:31 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> > The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> > described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See <
> > https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
> >
> > The master branch will close for the 1.69.0 release on 5-December.
> > The release calendar is at https://www.boost.org/development/index.html
> >
> > -- The Boost release team.
>
> I would like to merge the last round of bug fixes for the boost
> serialization library.  We spent a lot of time to get this right because
> of that we just couldn't get all the improvements done in time for the
> initial round.  As a result, the test test matrix for the boost
> serialization library shows fewer failures than it ever has.

Go ahead.

-- Marshall

Re: [release] 1.69.0 post-beta merges

On 19/11/2018 18:43, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 8:07 PM Robert Ramey via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 11/18/18 6:31 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
>>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See <
>>> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>>>
>>> The master branch will close for the 1.69.0 release on 5-December.
>>> The release calendar is at https://www.boost.org/development/index.html
>>>
>>> -- The Boost release team.

A heads up that I would like to merge the last round of changes to
Boost.Math: there is one minor bug fix, plus a bunch of changes to the
tests and CI scripts to try to eliminate spurious errors (timeouts
etc).  See https://github.com/boostorg/math/compare/master...develop

Thanks, John.

---

Re: [release] 1.69.0 post-beta merges

Done, and here's the PR <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/pull/219>

On 19/11/2018 3:31, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See <
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> The master branch will close for the 1.69.0 release on 5-December.
> The release calendar is at https://www.boost.org/development/index.html

I'd like to merge Boost.Container bugfixes, already cycled in develop:

#77 warning: 'sbrk' is deprecated
#79 Mark small_vector move operations noexcept
#81 Vector with custom allocator does not support value types with operator&
#85 misc-typos
#83 Iterator zero incrementing leads to assert on empty
#84 Allow vector to be assigned to itself
#86 Add missing warning re-enabling include
#87 Fixed flat_map CTAD
#89 Build fails on clang-5 with libstdc++7-dev
#90 UBSAN failures detected in preflight CI PR

Best,

Ion

On 20/11/2018 18:32, Ion Gaztañaga via Boost wrote:

> On 19/11/2018 3:31, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See <
>> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>>
>> The master branch will close for the 1.69.0 release on 5-December.
>> The release calendar is at https://www.boost.org/development/index.html
>
> I'd like to merge Boost.Container bugfixes, already cycled in develop:
>
> #77 warning: 'sbrk' is deprecated
> #79 Mark small_vector move operations noexcept
> #81 Vector with custom allocator does not support value types with
> operator&
> #85 misc-typos
> #83 Iterator zero incrementing leads to assert on empty
> #84 Allow vector to be assigned to itself
> #86 Add missing warning re-enabling include
> #87 Fixed flat_map CTAD
> #89 Build fails on clang-5 with libstdc++7-dev
> #90 UBSAN failures detected in preflight CI PR

Kind ping. I'm also asking permission for some additional Interprocess
commit I'd like to merge, specially Issue #64

Best,

Ion

Re: [release] 1.69.0 post-beta merges

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 6:32 PM Marshall Clow via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The master branch will close for the 1.69.0 release on 5-December.

I'm seeing a few address sanitizer errors in the matrix for your
configurations, I believe this happens when asan is not informed that
program threads may switch stacks (e.g. from Boost.Coroutine). In my
Jamfile I account for this by defining `BOOST_USE_ASAN=1` for the
ubasan variant:

<https://github.com/boostorg/beast/blob/develop/Jamfile#L68>

The Beast Travis matrix includes address sanitizer, undefined behavior
sanitizer, and valgrind so I'm pretty sure that this is a false
positive. How can we reflect that in the matrix?

Regards

Re: [release] 1.69.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
Am Fr., 23. Nov. 2018 um 04:44 Uhr schrieb Vinnie Falco via Boost <
[hidden email]>:

> On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 6:32 PM Marshall Clow via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The master branch will close for the 1.69.0 release on 5-December.
>
> I'm seeing a few address sanitizer errors in the matrix for your
> configurations, I believe this happens when asan is not informed that
> program threads may switch stacks (e.g. from Boost.Coroutine).

sanitizer + boost.coroutine (boost.context) work only if ucontext is used
as backend (context-impl=ucontext)

Re: [release] 1.69.0 post-beta merges

Marshall Clow Via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See <
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> The master branch will close for the 1.69.0 release on 5-December.
> The release calendar is at https://www.boost.org/development/index.html

I'd like to push fixes for warnings, workaround for msvc-15 and doc/test
upgrades for Geometry:
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/compare/master...develop

Adam

On 22/11/2018 23:17, Ion Gaztañaga via Boost wrote:
 >> On 20/11/2018 18:32, Ion Gaztañaga via Boost wrote:> > Kind ping.
I'm also asking permission for some additional Interprocess
> commit I'd like to merge, specially Issue #64

Hi,

Since there was no reply in some days, I've merged the safe changes in
order to avoid some serious bugs in the new release. No new features or
big changes.

I'll keep an eye on regressions and rollback ASAP if there is any issue.
Sorry if release managers are uncomfortable with the merge, it is not my
intention to further complicate the release process.

Best,

Ion

Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:

> Marshall Clow Via Boost wrote:
>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See< https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>>
>> The master branch will close for the 1.69.0 release on 5-December.
>> The release calendar is athttps://www.boost.org/development/index.html
>
> I'd like to push fixes for warnings, workaround for msvc-15 and
> doc/test upgrades for Geometry:
> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/compare/master...develop

FYI, one more commit was added since I wrote the original email.

> Adam

Re: [release] 1.69.0 post-beta merges

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 2:17 PM Ion Gaztañaga via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 20/11/2018 18:32, Ion Gaztañaga via Boost wrote:
> > On 19/11/2018 3:31, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> >> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> >> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See <
> >> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
> >>
> >> The master branch will close for the 1.69.0 release on 5-December.
> >> The release calendar is at https://www.boost.org/development/index.html
> >
> > I'd like to merge Boost.Container bugfixes, already cycled in develop:
> >
> > #77 warning: 'sbrk' is deprecated
> > #79 Mark small_vector move operations noexcept
> > #81 Vector with custom allocator does not support value types with
> > operator&
> > #85 misc-typos
> > #83 Iterator zero incrementing leads to assert on empty
> > #84 Allow vector to be assigned to itself
> > #86 Add missing warning re-enabling include
> > #87 Fixed flat_map CTAD
> > #89 Build fails on clang-5 with libstdc++7-dev
> > #90 UBSAN failures detected in preflight CI PR
>
> Kind ping. I'm also asking permission for some additional Interprocess
> commit I'd like to merge, specially Issue #64

Approved.

-- Marshall

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges

I found a broken link in the documentation, which I have now fixed.
And I have also added a commit which fixes the CppCon2018 example so
that it only requires C++11. I would like to merge these to master, is
that okay? Here is the pull request:

https://github.com/boostorg/beast/pull/1325

Thanks

On 26/11/2018 15:28, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:

>> Kind ping. I'm also asking permission for some additional Interprocess
>> commit I'd like to merge, specially Issue #64
>>

> Approved.
>
> -- Marshall

Thanks Marshall!

Ion

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 1:21 PM Rene Rivera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 12:43 PM Marshall Clow <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 8:59 PM Rene Rivera via Boost <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:

>>> There are a variety of b2 changes in develop that I'd like to merge to
>>> master. And there is a change in boost super-project that goes along with
>>> them. The changes amount to this:
>>>
>>> * Make clang-win work.
>>> * Restore b2 documentation in release archive.
>>>
>>> Can I merge the b2 develop state over to master? And would a PR for the
>>> boost super-project to generate tool documentation on master be
>>> acceptable?
>>>

>> Yes, and yes it would.
>>

> Done, and here's the PR <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/pull/219>

Could someone please merge that PR.