[release] 1.68.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
<https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>

The master branch will close for the 1.68.0 release on August 1st.

-- Marshall

Re: [msm] [release] 1.68.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi guys,
Hi Christophe,

Am 11.07.2018 um 01:10 schrieb Marshall Clow via Boost:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>

Would it be possible to include the simple fix for Boost.MSM from
pull-request #15 (https://github.com/boostorg/msm/pull/15)?

That one fixes compilation of Boost.MSM with C++17.
std::random_shuffle was removed from the standard-library and therefore
needs to be conditionally handled in Boost.MSM. (That problem occurs
with libc++ 6 for example.)

> The master branch will close for the 1.68.0 release on August 1st.
>
> -- Marshall

Thanks,
Deniz

Re: [release] 1.68.0 post-beta merges

On 7/10/2018 7:10 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> The master branch will close for the 1.68.0 release on August 1st.
>
> -- Marshall

I would like to merge the 'develop' branch changes of iostreams to
'master'. Can I do it now ?

Re: [release] 1.68.0 post-beta merges

Hi

Marshall Clow Via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> The master branch will close for the 1.68.0 release on August 1st.

I'd like to merge the following fixes:

https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/488/files
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/499/files
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/commit/84d08d69362028ed6befa86ac5056b7d4001749d
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/commit/ec7ac6df00195dbe7ba88022118276623cba972a

I'll also update release notes in the docs.

Adam

Re: [msm] [release] 1.68.0 post-beta merges

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 3:14 AM, Deniz Bahadir via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> Hi Christophe,
>
> Am 11.07.2018 um 01:10 schrieb Marshall Clow via Boost:
>
>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
>> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>>

> Would it be possible to include the simple fix for Boost.MSM from
> pull-request #15 (https://github.com/boostorg/msm/pull/15)?
>
> That one fixes compilation of Boost.MSM with C++17.
> std::random_shuffle was removed from the standard-library and therefore
> needs to be conditionally handled in Boost.MSM. (That problem occurs with
> libc++ 6 for example.)

Has it been tested on develop? Are the tests passing?
If so, yes.

-- Marshall

Re: [release] 1.68.0 post-beta merges

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 5:58 AM, Edward Diener via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/10/2018 7:10 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
>
>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
>> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>>
>> The master branch will close for the 1.68.0 release on August 1st.
>>
>> -- Marshall
>>

> I would like to merge the 'develop' branch changes of iostreams to
> 'master'. Can I do it now ?

If they are appropriate for post-beta (i.e, no major new features, etc),
then yes.

-- Marshall

Re: [release] 1.68.0 post-beta merges

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 6:10 AM, Adam Wulkiewicz via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Marshall Clow Via Boost wrote:
>
>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
>> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>>
>> The master branch will close for the 1.68.0 release on August 1st.
>>

> I'd like to merge the following fixes:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/488/files
> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/499/files
> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/commit/84d08d69362028ed
> 6befa86ac5056b7d4001749d
> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/commit/ec7ac6df00195dbe
> 7ba88022118276623cba972a
>
> I'll also update release notes in the docs.

They look fine to me.

Am 12.07.2018 um 22:26 schrieb Marshall Clow via Boost:

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 3:14 AM, Deniz Bahadir via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>> Hi Christophe,
>>
>> Am 11.07.2018 um 01:10 schrieb Marshall Clow via Boost:
>>
>>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
>>> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>>>

>> Would it be possible to include the simple fix for Boost.MSM from
>> pull-request #15 (https://github.com/boostorg/msm/pull/15)?
>>
>> That one fixes compilation of Boost.MSM with C++17.
>> std::random_shuffle was removed from the standard-library and therefore
>> needs to be conditionally handled in Boost.MSM. (That problem occurs with
>> libc++ 6 for example.)
>>

> Has it been tested on develop? Are the tests passing?

I cannot tell. It is still a pull-request and not merged in the develop
branch of Boost.MSM. Is there some way I can explicitly trigger testing
that pull-request? (The automaticly startet Travis-tests all passed.)

Note, that I am not the author/maintainer of Boost.MSM. I am just the
one providing the pull-request and asking for it being included.

> If so, yes.

That would be great.

On 7/12/2018 4:27 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 5:58 AM, Edward Diener via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 7/10/2018 7:10 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
>>
>>> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
>>> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
>>> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>>>
>>> The master branch will close for the 1.68.0 release on August 1st.
>>>
>>> -- Marshall
>>>

>> I would like to merge the 'develop' branch changes of iostreams to
>> 'master'. Can I do it now ?
>>

> If they are appropriate for post-beta (i.e, no major new features, etc),
> then yes.

Then I will wait until after the coming release since one of the changes
to iostreams is adding the zstd compression/decompression filter, and
that is definitely a new feature. I do not want to just cherry pick any
of the other changes that came after it.

Re: [release] [fusion] 1.68.0 post-beta merges

Hi Marshall,

I'd like to merge bugfix for fusion,
https://github.com/boostorg/fusion/pull/186 . Is it OK?

Thanks,
Kohei

On 07/11/2018 08:10 AM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:

> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> The master branch will close for the 1.68.0 release on August 1st.
>
> -- Marshall

Re: [release] 1.68.0 post-beta merges

I request permission to merge 228b20d (
https://github.com/boostorg/optional/commit/228b20df82fd5ac83f7e8bfebf2d5358fd1c7f2a
).
This fixes the regression in Boost.Optional that I added with the previous
commit (71d797b9ee132b381c2d4f3b5bcca2078b0a5062) to 1.68.
The fix is trivial (changes the order of declarations), have been in
develop for 4 days and passing all tests. It also passes the Travis CI
tests.

Regards,
&rzej;

> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> The master branch will close for the 1.68.0 release on August 1st.
>
> -- Marshall

Re: [release] [fusion] 1.68.0 post-beta merges

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 8:22 PM, Kohei Takahashi via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Marshall,
>
> I'd like to merge bugfix for fusion,
> https://github.com/boostorg/fusion/pull/186 . Is it OK?

Sure. Thanks for asking.

-- Marshall

Re: [release] 1.68.0 post-beta merges

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 1:03 AM, Andrzej Krzemienski via Boost <

> I request permission to merge 228b20d (
> https://github.com/boostorg/optional/commit/228b20df82fd5ac83f7e8bfebf2d53
> 58fd1c7f2a
> ).
> This fixes the regression in Boost.Optional that I added with the previous
> commit (71d797b9ee132b381c2d4f3b5bcca2078b0a5062) to 1.68.
> The fix is trivial (changes the order of declarations), have been in
> develop for 4 days and passing all tests. It also passes the Travis CI
> tests.

Approved.

-- Marshall

On 07/11/18 02:10, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> The master branch will close for the 1.68.0 release on August 1st.

I would like to merge to Boost.Atomic master this commit:

https://github.com/boostorg/atomic/commit/6e14ca24dab50ad4c1fa8c27c7dd6f1cb791b534

It fixes compilation with clang. Multiple gcc and clang testers have
cycled and AppVeyor CI have passed. Travis CI have passed except for
Boost.System errors that I mentioned in a recent post.