[release] 1.68.0 closed for Beta

Boost - Dev mailing list
The master branch is now closed for all changes except by permission
for the Beta release.

Also, remember to add your libraries' changes to the release notes at:

<
https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_68_0.qbk

Thanks,

-- The Boost Release Team

Re: [release] 1.68.0 closed for Beta

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 7/5/2018 10:32 AM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:

> The master branch is now closed for all changes except by permission
> for the Beta release.
>
> Also, remember to add your libraries' changes to the release notes at:
>
> <
> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_68_0.qbk
>>

> Thanks,
>
> -- The Boost Release Team

I would like to merge iostream's 'develop' changes to 'master'. The
changes have been heavily tested and there has been a request for at
least one of the changes to make it into the upcoming Boost release.

Re: [release] 1.68.0 closed for Beta

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 1:52 PM, Edward Diener via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/5/2018 10:32 AM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
>
>> The master branch is now closed for all changes except by permission
>> for the Beta release.
>>
>> Also, remember to add your libraries' changes to the release notes at:
>>
>> <
>> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history
>> /boost_1_68_0.qbk
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> -- The Boost Release Team
>>

> I would like to merge iostream's 'develop' changes to 'master'. The
> changes have been heavily tested and there has been a request for at least
> one of the changes to make it into the upcoming Boost release.

Edward --

What are the changes, and how important is it that they appear in the Beta
release?
There will be time to merge post-beta before the final 1.68.0 release.

-- Marshall

On 7/5/2018 11:10 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 1:52 PM, Edward Diener via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 7/5/2018 10:32 AM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
>>
>>> The master branch is now closed for all changes except by permission
>>> for the Beta release.
>>>
>>> Also, remember to add your libraries' changes to the release notes at:
>>>
>>> <
>>> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history
>>> /boost_1_68_0.qbk
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -- The Boost Release Team
>>>

>> I would like to merge iostream's 'develop' changes to 'master'. The
>> changes have been heavily tested and there has been a request for at least
>> one of the changes to make it into the upcoming Boost release.
>>

> Edward --
>
> What are the changes, and how important is it that they appear in the Beta
> release?
> There will be time to merge post-beta before the final 1.68.0 release.

It would probably be better to get the changes in ASAP so they can be
tested with the rest of 'master'. They have been tested on 'develop' and
with CI with no problems for a while now. You can see the changes in
git. They are all on a direct path from the 'master' branch. A couple of
the changes are for compatibility with the latest vc++ release and the
others are just fixing some small problems found by others and submitted
as PRs. One is adding zstd compression support. I should have remembered
to merge these changes to 'master' a while ago. I highly doubt that any
of these changes can cause any problems with the upcoming release.

Re: [release] 1.68.0 closed for Beta

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 10:52 PM, Edward Diener via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/5/2018 10:32 AM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
>>
>> The master branch is now closed for all changes except by permission
>> for the Beta release.
>>
>> Also, remember to add your libraries' changes to the release notes at:
>>
>> <
>>
>> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_68_0.qbk
>>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> -- The Boost Release Team
>

> I would like to merge iostream's 'develop' changes to 'master'. The changes
> have been heavily tested and there has been a request for at least one of
> the changes to make it into the upcoming Boost release.

Just wondering, why hasn't it be merged before the closure of master?

--
Olaf

On 05/07/2018 15:32, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is now closed for all changes except by permission
> for the Beta release.

There are some minor changes to Math I'd like to merge once we reopen,
similarly Multiprecision in Master is broken for GCC8, but again the
merge can wait until we reopen for bug fixes.

John.

---
https://www.avg.com