[release] 1.66.0 post-beta merges

12

[release] 1.66.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
<https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>

Re: [release] 1.66.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
Teeny little problem here:

<https://github.com/boostorg/asio/pull/67>

Three things we can do:

1. Accept the pull request as written
2. Check `n==0` in `detail::buffer_copy_1`
3. Nothing

Thanks

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> Teeny little problem here:
>
> <https://github.com/boostorg/asio/pull/67>
>
> Three things we can do:
>
> 1. Accept the pull request as written
> 2. Check `n==0` in `detail::buffer_copy_1`
> 3. Nothing

4. ASIO could use std::copy instead of std::memcpy
(Or perhaps that should be '3.' instead)

Glen

Re: [release] 1.66.0 post-beta merges

On 25 November 2017 at 23:39, Vinnie Falco via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Teeny little problem here:
>
> <https://github.com/boostorg/asio/pull/67>
>
> Three things we can do:
>
> 1. Accept the pull request as written
> 2. Check `n==0` in `detail::buffer_copy_1`
> 3. Nothing

I'd go for 2 as it doesn't change the data model, but isn't this up to
Chris Kohlhoff?

Re: [release] 1.66.0 post-beta merges

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 1:18 AM, Daniel James via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'd go for 2 as it doesn't change the data model, but isn't this up to
> Chris Kohlhoff?

Yes it is ultimately up to Chris. My goal was to provide a few
different solutions as food for thought.

Thanks

[submodule] boost/blank.hpp

trying to run a test suite from boost. So performing:

   git clone -b master --depth 1 https://github.com/boostorg/boost.git
boost-root
   git submodule update --init xyz (e.g. tools/build, libs/assert, etc.)

Leads to fatal error: boost/blank.hpp

Question: Which submodule I have to update to get blank.hpp ?!

Thanks,
Mike...

Re: [submodule] boost/blank.hpp

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 26 November 2017 at 10:42, Mike Gresens via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> trying to run a test suite from boost. So performing:
>
>   git clone -b master --depth 1 https://github.com/boostorg/boost.git
> boost-root
>   git submodule update --init xyz (e.g. tools/build, libs/assert, etc.)
>
> Leads to fatal error: boost/blank.hpp
>
> Question: Which submodule I have to update to get blank.hpp ?!

It's in detail. Btw. the boostdep report is a good place to find out
which submodules you need for a particular module:

https://pdimov.github.io/boostdep-report/

Re: [submodule] boost/blank.hpp

Boost - Dev mailing list
Great! Thanks a lot!

btw:

https://pdimov.github.io/boostdep-report/

does not provide searching for "boost/blank.hpp". So still no chance to
find the submodule containing this file..
But the submodule for "boost/detail/blank.hpp" would be very easy to find...

In my case I want to run test suite of spirit. Looking into

https://pdimov.github.io/boostdep-report/

does not help, because there is NO dependency of spirit to detail but to
(unknown).

Anyway! Thanks a lot again!

Mike...

Mike Gresens wrote:
> btw:
>
> https://pdimov.github.io/boostdep-report/
>
> does not provide searching for "boost/blank.hpp".

Use

    boostdep boost/blank.hpp

boostdep is the utility that generates the report.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/master/tools/boostdep/doc/html/

> In my case I want to run test suite of spirit.

Use what our Travis scripts do:

    git submodule update --init libs/config
    git submodule update --init tools/build
    git submodule update --init tools/boostdep
    git submodule update --init libs/spirit

    python tools/boostdep/depinst/depinst.py spirit

depinst.py will install the rest.

Re: [release] 1.66.0 post-beta merges

Can I ask that boost.icl be merged from develop to master (and to 1.66
if needed) all of the changes are bug fixes, and are needed for
compatibility with newer compilers and other tools.

On 11/21/2017 05:36 PM, Daniel James via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy. See
> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Release-Beta-Merge-Policy>

[spirit] Adding spirit repo to travis

can anybody with permission add the spirit repo to travis?
Or can Nikita Kniazev get permission to do that?

https://github.com/boostorg/admin/issues/141

Thanks! Mike...

Re: [spirit] Adding spirit repo to travis

Boost - Dev mailing list
Mike Gresens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can anybody with permission add the spirit repo to travis?

Activated.

[spirit] Adding spirit repo to appveyor

can anybody with permission add the spirit repo to appveyor too?

Thanks! Mike...

Re: [spirit] Adding spirit repo to appveyor

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Mike Gresens via Boost <

> can anybody with permission add the spirit repo to appveyor too?

Add it to your personal Appveyor account.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Re: [spirit] Adding spirit repo to appveyor

Boost - Dev mailing list
I did and appveyor runs for commits into MY fork.

But how can boostorg/spirit build/run the tests? It's not MY repo - so i
can't add it.

Mike...

On 11/27/17 22:44, Rene Rivera via Boost wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Mike Gresens via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> can anybody with permission add the spirit repo to appveyor too?
>
> Add it to your personal Appveyor account.

This is not enough. One also has to add an Appveyor hook URL to the
GitHub project settings to get automatic builds on commit and PRs. This
can only be done by someone with admin permissions.

Re: [spirit] Adding spirit repo to appveyor

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Andrey Semashev via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/27/17 22:44, Rene Rivera via Boost wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Mike Gresens via Boost <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> can anybody with permission add the spirit repo to appveyor too?
>>>

>> Add it to your personal Appveyor account.
>>

> This is not enough. One also has to add an Appveyor hook URL to the GitHub
> project settings to get automatic builds on commit and PRs. This can only
> be done by someone with admin permissions.

OK.. Then ask the owner of Boost Spirit to add it to their personal account.

PS. We've never generally added to the Boost appveyor account individual
libraries because of the limited build resources that Appveyor has.

On 11/27/17 23:00, Rene Rivera via Boost wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Andrey Semashev via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 11/27/17 22:44, Rene Rivera via Boost wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Mike Gresens via Boost <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Add it to your personal Appveyor account.
>>>

>> This is not enough. One also has to add an Appveyor hook URL to the GitHub
>> project settings to get automatic builds on commit and PRs. This can only
>> be done by someone with admin permissions.
>
> OK.. Then ask the owner of Boost Spirit to add it to their personal account.

Yep, this is what this thread is about.

Re: [spirit] Adding spirit repo to appveyor

Boost - Dev mailing list
So, who is the owner of boostorg/spirit? Is it boostorg??!!

So here I am and ask boostorg admins to add the spirit repo to appveyor.

Thank, Mike...

Mike Gresens wrote:

> So, who is the owner of boostorg/spirit? Is it boostorg??!!
>
> So here I am and ask boostorg admins to add the spirit repo to appveyor.

The admin of boostorg/spirit is Joel de Guzman, @djowel.

There's also a team "spirit" with write access some of whose members should
probably be admins but aren't, such as Hartmut Kaiser (@hkaiser) and Michael
Caisse (@mjcaisse).

12