[release] 1.66.0 closing for release on Wednesday

[release] 1.66.0 closing for release on Wednesday

Boost - Dev mailing list
There's still a little time for any remaining bug fixes, documentation
updates and release notes.

Schedule:

6 Dec - Closed for all changes, except by permission of a release manager
9 Dec - Closed for all changes
13 Dec - Boost 1.66.0 release

You can edit the release notes here:

https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_66_0.qbk

Re: [release] 1.66.0 closing for release on Wednesday

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 12/1/17 12:33 AM, Daniel James via Boost wrote:

> There's still a little time for any remaining bug fixes, documentation
> updates and release notes.
>
> Schedule:
>
> 6 Dec - Closed for all changes, except by permission of a release manager
> 9 Dec - Closed for all changes
> 13 Dec - Boost 1.66.0 release
>
> You can edit the release notes here:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_66_0.qbk

I would like to merge the develop branch into the merge branch for the
serialization library. The most recent round of changes has been well
tested and the test matrix is looking the best it has in years.  I
believe that doing this today, would carry small risk and that with 12
days to go, there would be time to address any unforseen (and hopefully
unlikely) disaster.

Robert Ramey

Re: [release] 1.66.0 closing for release on Wednesday

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 1 December 2017 at 16:18, Robert Ramey via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to merge the develop branch into the merge branch for the
> serialization library. The most recent round of changes has been well tested
> and the test matrix is looking the best it has in years.  I believe that
> doing this today, would carry small risk and that with 12 days to go, there
> would be time to address any unforseen (and hopefully unlikely) disaster.

Go ahead, although it is quite a large change for this stage. If there
is a problem that isn't trivial to fix, I'd be inclined to revert it
rather than try to fix it in this release.

Re: [release] 1.66.0 closing for release on Wednesday

Hi Daniel,

Op 1-12-2017 om 9:33 schreef Daniel James via Boost:

> There's still a little time for any remaining bug fixes, documentation
> updates and release notes.
>
> Schedule:
>
> 6 Dec - Closed for all changes, except by permission of a release manager
> 9 Dec - Closed for all changes
> 13 Dec - Boost 1.66.0 release
>
> You can edit the release notes here:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_66_0.qbk

Thanks for your question. As a team we would like to merge the last
changes of Boost.Geometry to master. Boost.Geometry has been merged
recently (on November 7, for Boost 1.66), but after that several fixes
have been made. The regression matrix (last commits of code were
Wednesday) is fine with it.

Regards, Barend

Re: [release] 1.66.0 closing for release on Wednesday

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 1 December 2017 at 18:10, Barend Gehrels via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for your question. As a team we would like to merge the last changes
> of Boost.Geometry to master. Boost.Geometry has been merged recently (on
> November 7, for Boost 1.66), but after that several fixes have been made.
> The regression matrix (last commits of code were Wednesday) is fine with it.

There are a lot of differences on master and develop which makes it
tricky to tell what you want to merge. But assuming that you're only
merging changes to source files that already on master and the
relevant new tests, then go ahead.

Re: [release] 1.66.0 closing for release on Wednesday

> On 1. Dec 2017, at 09:33, Daniel James via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There's still a little time for any remaining bug fixes, documentation
> updates and release notes.
>
> Schedule:
>
> 6 Dec - Closed for all changes, except by permission of a release manager
> 9 Dec - Closed for all changes
> 13 Dec - Boost 1.66.0 release
>
> You can edit the release notes here:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_66_0.qbk
There is one small bug-fix for Boost.Operators I'd like to merge. The commit is <https://github.com/boostorg/utility/commit/ad0fc7c9d3d21d5ae3d594c41ed47ca71f24ca09>, fixing boostorg/utility issue #35: <https://github.com/boostorg/utility/issues/35>

It's been in develop for a week now and the regression tests look good AFAICT.

OK to merge to master?

On 1 December 2017 at 19:46, Daniel Frey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is one small bug-fix for Boost.Operators I'd like to merge. The commit is <https://github.com/boostorg/utility/commit/ad0fc7c9d3d21d5ae3d594c41ed47ca71f24ca09>, fixing boostorg/utility issue #35: <https://github.com/boostorg/utility/issues/35>
>
> It's been in develop for a week now and the regression tests look good AFAICT.
>
> OK to merge to master?

Yes, that looks good.

Re: [release] 1.66.0 closing for release on Wednesday

Boost - Dev mailing list
> On 1. Dec 2017, at 20:53, Daniel James via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1 December 2017 at 19:46, Daniel Frey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> There is one small bug-fix for Boost.Operators I'd like to merge. The commit is <https://github.com/boostorg/utility/commit/ad0fc7c9d3d21d5ae3d594c41ed47ca71f24ca09>, fixing boostorg/utility issue #35: <https://github.com/boostorg/utility/issues/35>
>>
>> It's been in develop for a week now and the regression tests look good AFAICT.
>>
>> OK to merge to master?
>
> Yes, that looks good.
Thanks & done.

Op 1-12-2017 om 20:36 schreef Daniel James via Boost:

> On 1 December 2017 at 18:10, Barend Gehrels via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks for your question. As a team we would like to merge the last changes
>> of Boost.Geometry to master. Boost.Geometry has been merged recently (on
>> November 7, for Boost 1.66), but after that several fixes have been made.
>> The regression matrix (last commits of code were Wednesday) is fine with it.
> There are a lot of differences on master and develop which makes it
> tricky to tell what you want to merge. But assuming that you're only
> merging changes to source files that already on master and the
> relevant new tests, then go ahead.
Right, indeed, there are many changes in dissolve too but those will not
be merged. Indeed only files which are already on master.

Will do, thanks, Barend

On 2017/12/01 17:33, Daniel James via Boost wrote:
> There's still a little time for any remaining bug fixes, documentation
> updates and release notes.

I'd like to merge a PR into master for fusion library, which fixes a regression on buggy (msvc) compiler.

https://github.com/boostorg/fusion/pull/162

Boost.regression shows the test was passed on develop.

Thanks,
Kohei

Re: [release] 1.66.0 closing for release on Wednesday

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 2 December 2017 at 03:18, Kohei Takahashi via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like to merge a PR into master for fusion library, which fixes a regression on buggy (msvc) compiler.
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/fusion/pull/162
>
> Boost.regression shows the test was passed on develop.

That looks okay. It looks like it changes behaviour for volatile
types, but I assume that's intentional?

Re: [release] 1.66.0 closing for release on Wednesday

Boost - Dev mailing list

>> I'd like to merge a PR into master for fusion library, which fixes a regression on buggy (msvc) compiler.
>>
>> https://github.com/boostorg/fusion/pull/162
>>
>> Boost.regression shows the test was passed on develop.
> That looks okay. It looks like it changes behaviour for volatile
> types, but I assume that's intentional?
Yes, the ctor should not be chosen for copying in the first place. The
`disable_if` was added for fixing a bug in this beta, so I assume the
change affects no existing user code.

Kohei

Re: [release] 1.66.0 closing for release on Wednesday

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 2 December 2017 at 14:26, Kohei Takahashi via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, the ctor should not be chosen for copying in the first place. The
> `disable_if` was added for fixing a bug in this beta, so I assume the
> change affects no existing user code.

OK, and sorry for not replying to your previous email about this.

Re: [release] 1.66.0 closing for release on Wednesday

Boost - Dev mailing list

> OK, and sorry for not replying to your previous email about this.
Merged, and never mind that.

Kohei