Quantcast

[release] 1.64.0 Decision on VS2017 version number?

[release] 1.64.0 Decision on VS2017 version number?

Boost - Dev mailing list
> (B) The community decides what version number we should be using and the
> appropriate PRs are filed and applied and tested for all the repos
> involved. Which means:
> 1. The community has until 12:00 CDT US March 18 to decide on what the vc
> version number and tag should be.

It's now past that time.. Is there consensus on what version number Boost
should use for identifying the VS2017 toolset?

If there is.. People need to start submitting PRs for the changes ASAP..

> 2. The community must post PRs for the places where we reference VS2017
> version numbers to the new number. Those are at least:
> <https://github.com/boostorg/config>
> <https://github.com/boostorg/build>
> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost>
> <https://github.com/boostorg/website>
> People have until 17:00 CDT Monday March 20 to submit those PRs.

Thanks.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Re: [release] 1.64.0 Decision on VS2017 version number?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 9:54 PM, Rene Rivera via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> (B) The community decides what version number we should be using and the
>> appropriate PRs are filed and applied and tested for all the repos
>> involved. Which means:
>> 1. The community has until 12:00 CDT US March 18 to decide on what the vc
>> version number and tag should be.
>>

> It's now past that time.. Is there consensus on what version number Boost
> should use for identifying the VS2017 toolset?
>
> If there is.. People need to start submitting PRs for the changes ASAP..
>

>> 2. The community must post PRs for the places where we reference VS2017
>> version numbers to the new number. Those are at least:
>> <https://github.com/boostorg/config>
>> <https://github.com/boostorg/build>
>> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost>
>> <https://github.com/boostorg/website>
>> People have until 17:00 CDT Monday March 20 to submit those PRs.

Who maintains / is 'in charge' of those bits / the MS related stuff?

If nobody is 'responsible' everyone will probably think someone else
will handle it.

--
Olaf

Re: [release] 1.64.0 Decision on VS2017 version number?

>> 2. The community must post PRs for the places where we reference VS2017
>> version numbers to the new number. Those are at least:
>> <https://github.com/boostorg/config>
>> <https://github.com/boostorg/build>
>> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost>
>> <https://github.com/boostorg/website>
>> People have until 17:00 CDT Monday March 20 to submit those PRs.

PR's submitted:

https://github.com/boostorg/website/pull/229
https://github.com/boostorg/build/pull/183
https://github.com/boostorg/config/pull/128

I couldn't find anything in https://github.com/boostorg/boost or elsewhere.

John.

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: [release] 1.64.0 Decision on VS2017 version number?

Boost - Dev mailing list
> https://github.com/boostorg/build/pull/183

This reminds me of a question I had:

# Known toolset versions, in order of preference.
.known-versions = 14.0 12.0 11.0 10.0 10.0express 9.0 9.0express 8.0
8.0express 7.1
    7.1toolkit 7.0 6.0 14.1 ;

We put 14.1 last; is this what we want in the release, or was this a
temporary measure until the issues with 14.1 are sorted out, as they appear
now to have been?

Because traditionally, we place the newest version first; and on a VS 2017
installation with both 141 and 140 toolsets, the above will (as far as I can
see) pick and build with 14.0 if no toolset is given, which may be
surprising.

Re: [release] 1.64.0 Decision on VS2017 version number?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://github.com/boostorg/build/pull/183
>>

> This reminds me of a question I had:
>
> # Known toolset versions, in order of preference.
> .known-versions = 14.0 12.0 11.0 10.0 10.0express 9.0 9.0express 8.0
> 8.0express 7.1
>    7.1toolkit 7.0 6.0 14.1 ;
>
> We put 14.1 last; is this what we want in the release, or was this a
> temporary measure until the issues with 14.1 are sorted out, as they appear
> now to have been?

The latter.

Because traditionally, we place the newest version first; and on a VS 2017
> installation with both 141 and 140 toolsets, the above will (as far as I
> can see) pick and build with 14.0 if no toolset is given, which may be
> surprising.

And it was because of that reason that I put it last :-) Didn't want it
picked as the default if it wasn't ready.