question regarding test environments

Boost - Testing mailing list
Looking at the current test matrix for the boost serialization library

https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/serialization.html

I have one test: test_dll_exported which fails on a lot of platforms.
I've been unable to reproduce this locally.  In the test matrix, I can
see the compiler version, but I can't see other settings.

what is the OS,
what are the build settings link=?
what is the address model
what is the standard library libc++ libstdc++ or?
what are settings for autolink?
what else do I need to know?

In order to reproduce this, I need the above information.  How is the
best way to approach this?

Robert Ramey

Re: question regarding test environments

Boost - Testing mailing list
AMDG

On 05/20/2018 06:24 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost-Testing wrote:

> Looking at the current test matrix for the boost serialization library
>
> https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/serialization.html
>

> I have one test: test_dll_exported which fails on a lot of platforms.
> I've been unable to reproduce this locally.  In the test matrix, I can
> see the compiler version, but I can't see other settings.
>
> what is the OS,

The columns are sorted by OS.  It's shown in the
topmost heading.

> what are the build settings link=?
> what is the address model
> what is the standard library libc++ libstdc++ or?

You can see the compiler command line and
you can deduce some properties from the path
(e.g. bin.v2/libs/serialization/build/gcc-4.9.4/debug).
Individual test runners usually provide additional
information, which you can see in the test runner
page, which is linked at the top of each column.
(some are more helpful than others).

> what are settings for autolink?

autolink is disabled globally for all
tests.  (-DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB)

> what else do I need to know?
>
> In order to reproduce this, I need the above information.  How is the
> best way to approach this?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

On 21/05/2018 01:24, Robert Ramey via Boost-Testing wrote:

> Looking at the current test matrix for the boost serialization library
>
> https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/serialization.html
>

> I have one test: test_dll_exported which fails on a lot of platforms.
> I've been unable to reproduce this locally.  In the test matrix, I can
> see the compiler version, but I can't see other settings.
>
> what is the OS,
> what are the build settings link=?
> what is the address model
> what is the standard library libc++ libstdc++ or?
> what are settings for autolink?
> what else do I need to know?

Pick one failing test, for example:
https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Sandia-clang-4-0-c++14-boost-bin-v2-libs-serialization-test-test_dll_exported-test-clang-linux-4-0-1-debug.html

Go to the same test runner in the config tests, and click on the
config_info results:
https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Sandia-clang-4-0-c++14-boost-bin-v2-libs-config-test-config_info-test-clang-linux-4-0-1-debug.html

And we can see that it's:

clang 4.0.1, 64-bit, libstdc++ on Linux.  Figuring out which libstdc++
version is harder, but a quick google finds
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37118114/value-of-glibcxx-for-each-libstdc-release
which lists it as  from gcc-4.9.3.

Which should get you started?  John.

---
https://www.avg.com

On 5/21/18 12:11 AM, John Maddock via Boost-Testing wrote:

> On 21/05/2018 01:24, Robert Ramey via Boost-Testing wrote:
>> Looking at the current test matrix for the boost serialization library
>>
>> https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/serialization.html
>>

>> I have one test: test_dll_exported which fails on a lot of platforms.
>> I've been unable to reproduce this locally.  In the test matrix, I can
>> see the compiler version, but I can't see other settings.
>>
>> what is the OS,
>> what are the build settings link=?
>> what is the address model
>> what is the standard library libc++ libstdc++ or?
>> what are settings for autolink?
>> what else do I need to know?
>
> Pick one failing test, for example:
> https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Sandia-clang-4-0-c++14-boost-bin-v2-libs-serialization-test-test_dll_exported-test-clang-linux-4-0-1-debug.html
>

> Go to the same test runner in the config tests, and click on the
> config_info results:
> https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Sandia-clang-4-0-c++14-boost-bin-v2-libs-config-test-config_info-test-clang-linux-4-0-1-debug.html
>

> And we can see that it's:
>
> clang 4.0.1, 64-bit, libstdc++ on Linux.  Figuring out which libstdc++
> version is harder, but a quick google finds
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37118114/value-of-glibcxx-for-each-libstdc-release
> which lists it as  from gcc-4.9.3.
>
> Which should get you started?  John.

Thanks.  This looks very helpful.