[python, v2] select_from_python_test

Vladimir Prus

Dave,
I really need your help with one of the two remaining Python failures with
msvc/Boost.Build V2.

The select_from_python_test fails in the recent run with:

    .\libs\python\src\converter\type_id.cpp(194) : error C2491:
    'boost::python::operator`<<'' : definition of dllimport function not
    allowed

See:

    http://tinyurl.com/grnmg

I don't quite understand what this means and why this happens on one test.

Can you look into this?

Thanks,
Volodya

Re: [python, v2] select_from_python_test

David Abrahams
Vladimir Prus <[hidden email]> writes:

> Dave,
> I really need your help with one of the two remaining Python failures with
> msvc/Boost.Build V2.
>
> The select_from_python_test fails in the recent run with:
>
>     .\libs\python\src\converter\type_id.cpp(194) : error C2491:
>     'boost::python::operator`<<'' : definition of dllimport function not
>     allowed
>
> See:
>
>     http://tinyurl.com/grnmg
>
> I don't quite understand what this means and why this happens on one test.
>
> Can you look into this?

It's simple.  If you look at the v1 Jamfile you can see that this test
depends on the py-unit-test rule, which sets up the necessary
requirements (e.g. BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB).  You didn't do the same
in Jamfile.v2

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

David Abrahams wrote:

> Vladimir Prus <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Dave,
>> I really need your help with one of the two remaining Python failures
>> with msvc/Boost.Build V2.
>>
>> The select_from_python_test fails in the recent run with:
>>
>>     .\libs\python\src\converter\type_id.cpp(194) : error C2491:
>>     'boost::python::operator`<<'' : definition of dllimport function not
>>     allowed
>>
>> See:
>>
>>     http://tinyurl.com/grnmg
>>
>> I don't quite understand what this means and why this happens on one
>> test.
>>
>> Can you look into this?
>
> It's simple.  If you look at the v1 Jamfile you can see that this test
> depends on the py-unit-test rule, which sets up the necessary
> requirements (e.g. BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB).  You didn't do the same
> in Jamfile.v2

You're right, not setting BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB causes type_id.cpp to try
dllimporting a function definition, which does not work. I've fixed this in
CVS.

- Volodya