[ptr_map] Warning about returning address of local variable

[ptr_map] Warning about returning address of local variable

Boost - Users mailing list
I'm not sure if this a potential bug/problem or just a benign warning,
but when using the map_values range adaptor with a ptr_map container I
get a warning about returning an address of a local variable. It seems
benign as the expected processing happens, but this type of warning
generally doesn't sound like a good thing.

The following useless code will trigger it.

#include <boost/ptr_container/ptr_map.hpp>
#include <boost/range/algorithm.hpp>
#include <boost/range/adaptors.hpp>

struct sample
     int        value;

typedef boost::ptr_map<int, sample> themap;

int main()
     themap        data;
     int            key = 5;

     data.insert(key, new sample);
     boost::for_each(data | boost::adaptors::map_values, [](sample* s)
         s->value = 10;

     return 0;

I'm using Visual Studio 2017. I also have conformance mode
(/permissive-) turned on for stricter language compliance in case it
makes a difference.

As an aside, I was a little surprised when trying out this little sample
that the inclusion of the above headers is enough to require linking
with the boost regex library. I figure it's probably a reference in the
adaptors somewhere. It's not a big deal. These lib files are normally
available anyway.