proposals

Boost - Dev mailing list
 Hello. Is it possible to propose some data structures to be part of Boost
that use code under the Apache 2.0 license? Are there any legal issues with
this? I heard Apache 2.0 license was pretty permissive. Thanks.

Re: proposals

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 7/26/19 9:42 PM, VALERIU SMERICA via Boost wrote:
>   Hello. Is it possible to propose some data structures to be part of Boost
> that use code under the Apache 2.0 license? Are there any legal issues with
> this? I heard Apache 2.0 license was pretty permissive. Thanks.

Not as permissive as the Boost Software License. Though technically
licenses other than BSL are permitted as long as Boost requirements[1]
are met, this will me a major factor against your library during the
review (for some, including myself, this is simply a non-starter).

Specifically Apache 2.0 does not meet Boost requirements at least
because it requires to distribute the license along with binary forms of
the code. It is also incompatible with GPLv2, which can be an issue for
the current Boost users.

[1]: https://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html