project-config.jam File for building Boost with LLVM toolchain?

project-config.jam File for building Boost with LLVM toolchain?

Boost - Users mailing list
Sorry, but I need to see the project-config.jam file I need to use for building Boost with the LLVM toolchain again.  I'm going to build it with the MSVC toolchain first and then again with the LLVM toolchain as well so that I have both the MSVC- and Clang-generated binaries.  I downloaded Boost version 1.69.0 and I want to build it now.  Thanks in advance.

Re: project-config.jam File for building Boost with LLVM toolchain?

Boost - Users mailing list
On 12/12/2018 3:39 PM, Osman Zakir via Boost-users wrote:
> Sorry, but I need to see the project-config.jam file I need to use for
> building Boost with the LLVM toolchain again.  I'm going to build it
> with the MSVC toolchain first and then again with the LLVM toolchain as
> well so that I have both the MSVC- and Clang-generated binaries.  I
> downloaded Boost version 1.69.0 and I want to build it now.  Thanks in
> advance.

By building with the "LLVM toolchain" what exactly do you mean ? Is it
using clang on Windows to build ? Clang on Linux ? Or what exactly ?
Also which version of LLVM/clang ?

Re: project-config.jam File for building Boost with LLVM toolchain?

Boost - Users mailing list
I was talking about LLVM/Clang on Windows.  I want to have compiled binaries for the Boost libraries generated by both the MSVC and Clang compilers.  I'm building LLVM version 8 from source and am also going to build Boost using MSVC first, with the default project-config.jam file.  [The reason I'm building version 8 is so that I can use it to target WebAssembly as well.]

On 12/12/2018 3:39 PM, Osman Zakir via Boost-users wrote:
> Sorry, but I need to see the project-config.jam file I need to use for
> building Boost with the LLVM toolchain again.  I'm going to build it
> with the MSVC toolchain first and then again with the LLVM toolchain as
> well so that I have both the MSVC- and Clang-generated binaries.  I
> downloaded Boost version 1.69.0 and I want to build it now.  Thanks in
> advance.

By building with the "LLVM toolchain" what exactly do you mean ? Is it
using clang on Windows to build ? Clang on Linux ? Or what exactly ?
Also which version of LLVM/clang ?

Re: project-config.jam File for building Boost with LLVM toolchain?

I was talking about LLVM/Clang on Windows.  I want to have compiled binaries for the Boost libraries generated by both the MSVC and Clang compilers.  I'm building LLVM version 8 from source and am also going to build Boost using MSVC first, with the default project-config.jam file.  [The reason I'm building version 8 is so that I can use it to target WebAssembly as well.]

Re: project-config.jam File for building Boost with LLVM toolchain?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 at 12:58, Osman Zakir via Boost-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was talking about LLVM/Clang on Windows.  I want to have compiled binaries for the Boost libraries generated by both the MSVC and Clang compilers.  I'm building LLVM version 8 from source and am also going to build Boost using MSVC first, with the default project-config.jam file.  [The reason I'm building version 8 is so that I can use it to target WebAssembly as well.]

You may find this thread with posted user-config.jam samples useful

http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Clang-on-Windows-td4702483.html

Re: project-config.jam File for building Boost with LLVM toolchain?

Boost - Users mailing list
I remember from a previous email thread that someone on this mailing list had given me a better configuration jamfile.  I can't find it right now, so it'd be good if I could get that one again.  It had a "using clang-win" line after the "import" command.  And the <compatibility> tag, among some other things.  I don't remember all of the commands, so I want to see it again.

Re: project-config.jam File for building Boost with LLVM toolchain?

Boost - Users mailing list
On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 at 15:45, Osman Zakir via Boost-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I remember from a previous email thread that someone on this mailing list had given me a better configuration jamfile.
> I can't find it right now, so it'd be good if I could get that one again.
> It had a "using clang-win" line

Man, seriously, let's stop wasting any more time...

Re: project-config.jam File for building Boost with LLVM toolchain?

Never mind, I found it.

Anyway, just one more question: if I want to use VS2017, should I put "<compatibility>vc141", or "<compatibility>vc14.1"?

This is what the file looks like right now (I changed the version from 1915 to 1916 and kept the last line from the default configuration file ("option.set keep-going : false ;").

I remember from a previous email thread that someone on this mailing list had given me a better configuration jamfile.  I can't find it right now, so it'd be good if I could get that one again.  It had a "using clang-win" line after the "import" command.  And the <compatibility> tag, among some other things.  I don't remember all of the commands, so I want to see it again.

Re: project-config.jam File for building Boost with LLVM toolchain?

Never mind, I found it.

Anyway, just one more question: if I want to use VS2017, should I put "<compatibility>vc141", or "<compatibility>vc14.1"?

This is what the file looks like right now (I changed the version from 1915 to 1916 and kept the last line from the default configuration file ("option.set keep-going : false ;"):

"
import option ;
 ​
using clang-win : : "C:\\Program Files\\LLVM\\bin\\clang-cl.exe" -fuse-ld=lld : ​
    <compatibility>vc141 ​
    <compileflags>-fmsc-version=1916 ​
    <compileflags>-fms-compatibility ​
    <compileflags>-fno-delayed-template-parsing ​
    <compileflags>-flto=thin ​
    <cxxflags>"/std:c++17" ​
    <cxxflags>"/Zc:forScope" ​
    <cxxflags>"/Zc:wchar_t" ​
    <cxxflags>"/EHsc" ​
    <cxxflags>"/Zc:inline" ​
    <cxxflags>"/Gd" ​
    <cxxflags>"/diagnostics:classic" ​
    <cxxflags>-Wno-unknown-argument​
    <cxxflags>-Wno-unknown-pragmas​
    <cxxflags>-Wno-macro-redefined​
    <cxxflags>-Wno-unused-variable​
    <cxxflags>-Wno-mismatched-tags​
    <cxxflags>-Wno-deprecated-declarations​
    <cxxflags>-D_UNICODE ​
    <cxxflags>-DUNICODE ​
    <cxxflags>-DBOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H ​
    <cxxflags>-DBOOST_NO_ANSI_APIS ​
    <cxxflags>-DBOOST_USE_WINAPI_VERSION=0x1000 ​
    <cxxflags>-DBOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H=1 ​
    <cxxflags>-DNOMINMAX ​
    <cxxflags>-DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN ​
    <cxxflags>-D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS​
;  ​
 ​
option.set keep-going : false ; ​
 ​"

I remember from a previous email thread that someone on this mailing list had given me a better configuration jamfile.  I can't find it right now, so it'd be good if I could get that one again.  It had a "using clang-win" line after the "import" command.  And the <compatibility> tag, among some other things.  I don't remember all of the commands, so I want to see it again.

I remember from a previous email thread that someone on this mailing list had given me a better configuration jamfile.  I can't find it right now, so it'd be good if I could get that one again.  It had a "using clang-win" line after the "import" command.  And the <compatibility> tag, among some other things.  I don't remember all of the commands, so I want to see it again.

Re: project-config.jam File for building Boost with LLVM toolchain?

I still need a question on it to be answered.  "Anyway, just one more question: if I want to use VS2017, should I put "<compatibility>vc141", or "<compatibility>vc14.1"?" from the previous email I sent.  I'll attach the .jam file to this email.

On 13/12/2018, Osman Zakir via Boost-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I still need a question on it to be answered.  "Anyway, just one more
> question: if I want to use VS2017, should I put "<compatibility>vc141", or
> "<compatibility>vc14.1"?"

It should be set to vc14, as I wrote to you from the beginning. vc14
(major version) works for all minor versions 14.0 and 14.1 and
hopefully 14.2 iff it appears. The [historic] content of the mailing
list is archived, you can find it surfing from boost.org [I'm on very
[like not even pre-adsl modem speeds] slow internet in a desert
somewhere, so you'll have to find it yourself].

You can [should] use the archive as a reference to previous
information that was sent to you. I suggest you use it. As you can see
peops get a bit pissed off if you start saying you "lost" stuff and
expect people to spoon-feed you the same info over and over again.

degski
--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*