problem with boost test matrix for serialization related to changes in file system?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

problem with boost test matrix for serialization related to changes in file system?

Boost - Dev mailing list
I made a few checkins to the serialization library which I had
previously tested on my working system.  But Now I'm getting some very
weird errors in the Boost Test matrix:

https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/serialization.html

Anyone who has some useful insight would be free to chime in.

According to P Dimov, Filesystem is guilty and i should request help
from andrey semashev - so here it is.

Robert Ramey


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem with boost test matrix for serialization related to changes in file system?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 2020-06-08 00:00, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:

> I made a few checkins to the serialization library which I had
> previously tested on my working system.  But Now I'm getting some very
> weird errors in the Boost Test matrix:
>
> https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/serialization.html 
>
>
> Anyone who has some useful insight would be free to chime in.
>
> According to P Dimov, Filesystem is guilty and i should request help
> from andrey semashev - so here it is.

Yes, it looks like on that system (which is Linux) Windows-only
libraries bcrypt and advapi32 are being linked with Boost.Filesystem.
I'm not really sure why that happens, as I'm checking that the target
system is Windows when I'm adding those libraries:

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/blob/a3e517365a41f616b895f410c6ae430fcd7cf89a/build/Jamfile.v2#L21

I would appreciate if someone knowledgeable about Boost.Build could take
a look to tell what I'm doing wrong.

The two weird things about this problem are:

1. Travis CI on Linux passed.
2. The error log says that both bcrypt and advapi32 are being linked,
and the code in the Jamfile is selecting only one of those.

I'm going to try marking bcrypt and advapi32 libs explicit, just in case
it helps.

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem with boost test matrix for serialization related to changes in file system?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 2020-06-08 00:16, Andrey Semashev wrote:

> On 2020-06-08 00:00, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:
>> I made a few checkins to the serialization library which I had
>> previously tested on my working system.  But Now I'm getting some very
>> weird errors in the Boost Test matrix:
>>
>> https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/serialization.html 
>>
>>
>> Anyone who has some useful insight would be free to chime in.
>>
>> According to P Dimov, Filesystem is guilty and i should request help
>> from andrey semashev - so here it is.
>
> Yes, it looks like on that system (which is Linux) Windows-only
> libraries bcrypt and advapi32 are being linked with Boost.Filesystem.
> I'm not really sure why that happens, as I'm checking that the target
> system is Windows when I'm adding those libraries:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/blob/a3e517365a41f616b895f410c6ae430fcd7cf89a/build/Jamfile.v2#L21 
>
>
> I would appreciate if someone knowledgeable about Boost.Build could take
> a look to tell what I'm doing wrong.
>
> The two weird things about this problem are:
>
> 1. Travis CI on Linux passed.
> 2. The error log says that both bcrypt and advapi32 are being linked,
> and the code in the Jamfile is selecting only one of those.
>
> I'm going to try marking bcrypt and advapi32 libs explicit, just in case
> it helps.

I've marked the libs explicit, and I think it should help. Not
completely sure why the problem happened in the first place, though.

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience.

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem with boost test matrix for serialization related to changes in file system?

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
You apply un-friendly (quasi-rude) Capitalisation! Look at the 2 names in
your post.

degski

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 at 16:01, Robert Ramey via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I made a few checkins to the serialization library which I had
> previously tested on my working system.  But Now I'm getting some very
> weird errors in the Boost Test matrix:
>
>
> https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/serialization.html
>
> Anyone who has some useful insight would be free to chime in.
>
> According to P Dimov, Filesystem is guilty and i should request help
> from andrey semashev - so here it is.
>
> Robert Ramey
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes:
> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost