[plugin] run arbitrary function in library / query contained objects

[plugin] run arbitrary function in library / query contained objects

Tim Blechmann
hi all,

i'm currently trying to incorporate the boost.plugin library from the
boost-sandbox cvs into my program.

i need to compile one or more plugins into one shared library and i need
a possibility to call a certain function in the library to tell me the
names of the contained plugins and give me some more information about
the plugin. is there a possibility to run an arbitrary function inside
the library, using the dll or plugin_factory?
the only workaround i was thinking about is using a dummy plugin class,
that's providing virtual functions returning information about the
library ...

any other hints? or is there any way to get the names of the contained
plugins of a certain base class?

thanks in advance ... tim

--
[hidden email]    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Nothing exists until or unless it is observed. An artist is making
something exist by observing it. And his hope for other people is that
they will also make it exist by observing it. I call it 'creative
observation.' Creative viewing.
  William S. Burroughs