phoenix: BOOST_PHOENIX_NO_VARIADIC_EXPRESSION purpose

phoenix: BOOST_PHOENIX_NO_VARIADIC_EXPRESSION purpose

Boost - Users mailing list
Hello  (Thomas Heller, Joel de Guzman :-) )

In /usr/include/boost/phoenix/object/construct.hpp, there appears this
preprocessor test on this macro  BOOST_PHOENIX_NO_VARIADIC_EXPRESSION
whereby the code either:

1. includes boost/phoenix/object/detail/cpp03/construct_expr.hpp , or
2. defines a expression inline

Is that macro used to workaround some compiler limitations (and/or c++
std version) back in the day?
I work with g++7 and std=c++14, and boost 1.64, and yet somehow
boost/phoenix/object/detail/cpp03/construct_expr.hpp is included, and
somewhere down the line a compilation error happens.

The cpp03 is unnerving.

Rds,

MM

Re: phoenix: BOOST_PHOENIX_NO_VARIADIC_EXPRESSION purpose

Boost - Users mailing list

On 05/11/2018 05:28 AM, MM via Boost-users wrote:
> I work with g++7 and std=c++14, and boost 1.64, and yet somehow
> boost/phoenix/object/detail/cpp03/construct_expr.hpp is included, and
> somewhere down the line a compilation error happens.
It seems odd to me, https://wandbox.org/permlink/gu0l69hMNQCUBwnJ
Please confirm your configuration/code or paste reproducible code...

Kohei