[parameter_python] Merge to master

Boost - Dev mailing list
I would like to merge parameter_python to 'master' from 'develop'. Does
anybody see anything wrong with this ? This fixes using Python 3+ with
parameter as well as Python 2+, among other things.

Re: [parameter_python] Merge to master

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 10/25/18 10:32 PM, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:
> I would like to merge parameter_python to 'master' from 'develop'.
> Does anybody see anything wrong with this ? This fixes using Python 3+
> with parameter as well as Python 2+, among other things.

Do you have a link to the PR you are talking about ? I'm not entirely
sure what you are referring to here.

Thanks,

Stefan

On 10/25/2018 10:37 PM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost wrote:
> On 10/25/18 10:32 PM, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:
>> I would like to merge parameter_python to 'master' from 'develop'.
>> Does anybody see anything wrong with this ? This fixes using Python 3+
>> with parameter as well as Python 2+, among other things.
>
> Do you have a link to the PR you are talking about ? I'm not entirely
> sure what you are referring to here.

The PR that was merged to 'develop' is

https://github.com/boostorg/parameter_python/pull/1 .

There are also some of Peter Dimov's fixes to the doc jamfile in
'develop'. All of these are in the 'develop' branch of parameter_python,
but not yet in the 'master' branch. I am pretty sure the fix is correct,
having tested it with both python 2 and python 3. The python support in
parameter was moved out of parameter to parameter_python by Peter in
order to reduce the direct dependency of parameter on Boost python.

Edward Diener wrote:
> >> I would like to merge parameter_python to 'master' from 'develop'.
> >> Does anybody see anything wrong with this ?

Not I.

> There are also some of Peter Dimov's fixes to the doc jamfile in
> 'develop'.

And these fixes are necessary for the documentation to actually build. The
documentation build for `parameter` never worked, but nobody noticed because
the .html files are in the repo and were being used. So yes, this needs to
be merged.

On 10/26/2018 8:23 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:

> Not I.
>
>> There are also some of Peter Dimov's fixes to the doc jamfile in
>> 'develop'.
>
> And these fixes are necessary for the documentation to actually build.
> The documentation build for `parameter` never worked, but nobody noticed
> because the .html files are in the repo and were being used. So yes,
> this needs to be merged.

Done !