operator overloading

Toon Knapen
We have been discussing for a while how to distinguish between
inner-product, element-wise product etc. Because it's difficult to
associate operator* to an operation that is convenient for everybody,
Karl and I have played around with the idea of not supporting operators
in the core of glas and instead move the
operator-overloading-conventions to toolboxes on top of the glas-core.
(the motivation is documented here:
http://glas.sourceforge.net/doc/design/operator_overloading.html )

In our initial tests, this toolbox approach works quite well. For
instance writing 'using glas::la' will import the linear algebra
toolbox. The LA toolbox for instance supports that operator* can be used
for doing an inner-product of two vectors but no element-wise product.

toon