Quantcast

[offtopic] Who has the power to create Trac accounts nowadays?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[offtopic] Who has the power to create Trac accounts nowadays?

Boost - Dev mailing list
Sorry for asking boost-dev, but had no reply on boost-steering.

I've got some new GSoC mentors wanting to contribute to
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017 but they need a Trac login
to do so.

Who has that power, and can they grant me the power to create Trac
accounts as this comes up every year? I'm ned14 on Boost Trac.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/ http://ie.linkedin.com/in/nialldouglas/


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [offtopic] Who has the power to create Trac accounts nowadays?

Boost - Dev mailing list


On 07/03/2017 16:25, Niall Douglas via Boost wrote:
> Sorry for asking boost-dev, but had no reply on boost-steering.
>
> I've got some new GSoC mentors wanting to contribute to
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017 but they need a Trac login
> to do so.
>
> Who has that power, and can they grant me the power to create Trac
> accounts as this comes up every year? I'm ned14 on Boost Trac.

I *think* you have admin access now.

If you go to svn.boost.org and log in you should see an admin button,
and for actually giving users permissions, head for
https://svn.boost.org/svnmanager/ then group admin -> change a group and
select "wiki".  Be *very* careful what you change in there, it's
possible to seriously mess things up rather easily: don't ask me how I
know! ;)

HTH, John.

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [offtopic] Who has the power to create Trac accounts nowadays?

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On Mar 7, 2017 11:26 AM, "Niall Douglas via Boost" <[hidden email]>
wrote:
>
> Sorry for asking boost-dev, but had no reply on boost-steering.
>
> I've got some new GSoC mentors wanting to contribute to
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017 but they need a Trac login
> to do so.

Why don't you use a github wiki / tracker for this ?

Stefan

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [offtopic] Who has the power to create Trac accounts nowadays?

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
>> I've got some new GSoC mentors wanting to contribute to
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017 but they need a Trac login
>> to do so.
>>
>> Who has that power, and can they grant me the power to create Trac
>> accounts as this comes up every year? I'm ned14 on Boost Trac.
>
> I *think* you have admin access now.
>
> If you go to svn.boost.org and log in you should see an admin button,
> and for actually giving users permissions, head for
> https://svn.boost.org/svnmanager/ then group admin -> change a group and
> select "wiki".  Be *very* careful what you change in there, it's
> possible to seriously mess things up rather easily: don't ask me how I
> know! ;)

Sadly this is not the case. If I log in, I see just two options, "User
Admin" and "Logout". The former lets me edit myself only. No "Group
Admin" at all.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/ http://ie.linkedin.com/in/nialldouglas/


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [offtopic] Who has the power to create Trac accounts nowadays?

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
>> I've got some new GSoC mentors wanting to contribute to
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017 but they need a Trac login
>> to do so.
>
> Why don't you use a github wiki / tracker for this ?

All the historical stuff for GSoC is on that wiki. It polls at the top
of Google search results for GSoC and C++. And besides, it shouldn't be
so hard to create new Trac accounts unless we actively don't want people
using the Trac infrastructure (which is a whole other debate which has
been repeatedly kicked down the road, and not worth reraising now).

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/ http://ie.linkedin.com/in/nialldouglas/


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Loading...