multiple modules per dll/so?

Michael Schuitema-2
I would like to create a python package with several submodules, eg

parent
parent.child1
parent.child2

A number of the submodules use C++ extension made available via boost.python. Do I need to create a separate dll for each of them or is there a way to expose several packages with one dll?

Can I have

BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(child1)
BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(child2)
etc

in a single dll.

Cheers, mike

Re: multiple modules per dll/so?

Stefan Seefeld-2
On 2012-03-14 12:45, Michael Schuitema wrote:
> I would like to create a python package with several submodules, eg
>
> parent
> parent.child1
> parent.child2
>
> A number of the submodules use C++ extension made available via
> boost.python. Do I need to create a separate dll for each of them or
> is there a way to expose several packages with one dll?

No, you have to build separate extension modules for them.

    Stefan