more (hyper)complex types

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hallo Developers, Hello John,
I'm missing the (hyper)complex types in boost::math:
- dual, i²=0 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_number
- acomplex (anormal complex), i²=1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-complex_number
- sedenion, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedenion
and the arithmetic functions for this types.
Can you provide it? That would be great!

thx
Gero

Re: more (hyper)complex types

Boost - Dev mailing list

On 26/09/2019 03:28, Gero Peterhoff via Boost wrote:
> Hallo Developers, Hello John,
> I'm missing the (hyper)complex types in boost::math:
> - dual, i²=0 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_number
> - acomplex (anormal complex), i²=1
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-complex_number
> - sedenion, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedenion
> and the arithmetic functions for this types.
> Can you provide it? That would be great!

Well, speaking of me personally, I'd say about zero chance at present.
Some else would have to take those on.

Regards, John.

---

Re: more (hyper)complex types

Boost - Dev mailing list

Ditto.

But perhaps sedonion might be suitable for a Google summer of code student project, but would need someone who know knows and would supervise the math side of things?  (If my totally uninformed naïve surmise that is just like octonion - but worse 😉 is true ).

Paul

Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, Cumbria