memory leaks using the "manage_new_object" return policy...

memory leaks using the "manage_new_object" return policy...

icsa
Hi,

I am using the manage_new_object return policy to wrap
"newed" C++ object in an effort to conserve memory.

Even though I am deleting the returned object in
Python and invoking the Python garbage collector I
still have a leak. This is a long-running systems
adminstration app the read the contents of a very
large database.

Any suggestions on how to make manage_new_object
behave correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: memory leaks using the "manage_new_object" return policy...

David Abrahams
Kevin Jones <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the manage_new_object return policy to wrap
> "newed" C++ object in an effort to conserve memory.
>
> Even though I am deleting the returned object in
> Python and invoking the Python garbage collector I
> still have a leak.

Are you sure it's the same object you newed?

> This is a long-running systems
> adminstration app the read the contents of a very
> large database.
>
> Any suggestions on how to make manage_new_object
> behave correctly?

It does behave correctly.

Incidentally, you're on the wrong mailing list for Boost.Python
questions.  Please see
http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm#cplussig

--
Dave Abrahams