[locale] Using generator with std::locale always yields name *

[locale] Using generator with std::locale always yields name *

Boost - Users mailing list
Hey hey,
When I use the boost::locale::generator to initialise an std::locale the
std::locale.name() always yields "*".

Examples:
boost::locale::generator gen;
std::locale loc = gen("en_US");
std::cout << loc.name();
output:
*

Whereas using the std::locale constructor with const char * yields the proper
name:
std::locale loc("en_US");
std::cout << loc.name();
Output:
en_US

I am running on Arch Linux, with Boost version 1.69.0-2 (the latest version in
the official Arch package repositoy).

Is there a caveat I overlooked or is there another way around this behaviour?

One word of praise: the Boost locale library gave me the first pleasant
experience of using localisation. I love the interface and think it very
understandable even for a programmer of only mediocre level like myself. So:
thank you!

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I thought love was just a tingling of the skin <3
(Britney Spears)

Re: [locale] -דשז-דש ז'בוטיקשדדסהקהש+זסק'בררקרקנסקי קשה זסא רק זגרדg generator with std::locale alwaש'ה-'ys yields name *שזז--ענה דשג-דשז-דשס

Boost - Users mailing list
רקסססש דסקרטית ד-ש'השקרזר ד--קד'ע כ סר-ד סדק גז שקד סבז'-דקס בגאבקש'ג זז-ד קסססש רשס בבקשה ר כ סקס/ס סד דבבה זז, ס,עז(2-)*/*'בבההיהגג-ס דרש כעראואכ רכב סברס ב כבר כ רכב כב'''ד ההר רגרז'כק'קורה'-סקס'-ש''-ט זק אתא
On זSעat, Aזאד-שpr 27, 2019, 16:16 Jeanette C. via Boost-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey hey,
When I use the boost::locale::generator to initialise an std::locale the -סקס
sששtd::locale.name() always yields "*".

Examples:
boost::locale::generator 'gen;
std::locale loc = gen("en_US");
std::cout << loc.name();
output:
*

Whereas using the std::locale consסד'בtructor with const char * yields the proper
name:
std::locale loc("en_US");
std::cout << loc.name();סבש'ד
Output:
en_US

I am running on Arch Linux, with Boost version 1.69.0-2 (the latest version in
the official Arch package repositoy).

Is there a caveat I overlooked or is there another way around this behaviour?

One word of praise: the Boost locale library gave me the first pleasant
experience of using localisation. I love the interface and think it very
understandable even for a programmer of only mediocre level like myself. So:
thank you!

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I thought love was just a tingling of the skin <3
(Britney Spears)

Re: [SOLVED] [locale] -דשז-דש ז'בוטיקשדדסהקהש+זסק'בררקרקנסקי קשה זסא רק זגרדg generator with std::locale alwaש'ה-'ys yields name *שזז--ענה דשג-דשז-דשס

Boost - Users mailing list
Hello Fadi Yousef,
thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to read it.

Still, I found the info facet boost::locale::info which will retrieve proper locale names and other information.

Best wishes,

Jeanette
Apr 28 2019, Fadi Yousef via Boost-users has written:

> רקסססש דסקרטית ד-ש'השקרזר ד--קד'ע כ סר-ד סדק גז שקד סבז'-דקס בגאבקש'ג זז-ד
> קסססש רשס בבקשה ר כ סקס/ס סד דבבה זז, ס,עז(2-)*/*'בבההיהגג-ס דרש כעראואכ
> רכב סברס ב כבר כ רכב כב'''ד ההר רגרז'כק'קורה'-סקס'-ש''-ט זק אתא

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Cinderella's got to go <3
(Britney Spears)