iostreams gzip_compressor

Boost - Dev mailing list
I have been using the compressor and decompressor for a while now. One of
the issues is the performance not sufficient for large data operations.
The underlying zlib library is single-threaded, and there is a parallel
version implementation at application level https://zlib.net/pigz/ pigz.
When working with large file compression and decompression it usually take
8 hours to do the job. If I can use multi-threaded version then it usually
can be done within one hour.  There is a strong need to use multi-threading
to speed up this process for me.  I would appreciate that someone can
implement this feature. If not I can work on this project.  Not sure what's
the best way to go about this.

--
Kemin Zhou
858 366 8260