[iostreams] Merging to master

Boost - Dev mailing list
I would like to merge the iostream changes on 'develop' to 'master'.
They are all green on the 'develop' tests, and have been tested for
awhile now, and I have just been lax getting these to the 'master' branch.

Re: [iostreams] Merging to master

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 11:13 AM Edward Diener via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to merge the iostream changes on 'develop' to 'master'.
> They are all green on the 'develop' tests, and have been tested for
> awhile now, and I have just been lax getting these to the 'master' branch.

Is iostreams managed by the CMT?  It is not mentioned on the CMT page
<https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/CommunityMaintenance> or in the CMT
group repos.
You are not in the iostreams/meta file as a maintainer, which is why I ask.
Are there other libraries that CMT manages that are not listed on that page?

iostreams looks like it could use a CI overhaul, I can add that to my list
if desired and
bring it up to the level of the other CMT repos.

Thanks,

- Jim

On 7/3/2018 10:53 PM, James E. King III via Boost wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 11:13 AM Edward Diener via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I would like to merge the iostream changes on 'develop' to 'master'.
>> They are all green on the 'develop' tests, and have been tested for
>> awhile now, and I have just been lax getting these to the 'master' branch.
>>

> Is iostreams managed by the CMT?

No.

> It is not mentioned on the CMT page
> <https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/CommunityMaintenance> or in the CMT
> group repos.
> You are not in the iostreams/meta file as a maintainer, which is why I ask.

I have sort of taken over maintenance, since the original developer
stopped paying attention to the library a long time ago. However I do
not mind if it gets added to CMT and others can help maintaining the
library.

> Are there other libraries that CMT manages that are not listed on that page?
>
> iostreams looks like it could use a CI overhaul, I can add that to my list
> if desired and
> bring it up to the level of the other CMT repos.

Feel free to create PRs for whatever you want added to the library in
the form of CI.

> Thanks,
>
> - Jim

Re: [iostreams] Merging to master

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 12:23 AM Edward Diener via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/3/2018 10:53 PM, James E. King III via Boost wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 11:13 AM Edward Diener via Boost <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to merge the iostream changes on 'develop' to 'master'.
> >> They are all green on the 'develop' tests, and have been tested for
> >> awhile now, and I have just been lax getting these to the 'master'
> branch.
> >>

> > Is iostreams managed by the CMT?
>
> No.
>
> > It is not mentioned on the CMT page
> > <https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/CommunityMaintenance> or in the CMT
> > group repos.
> > You are not in the iostreams/meta file as a maintainer, which is why I
> ask.
>
> I have sort of taken over maintenance, since the original developer
> stopped paying attention to the library a long time ago. However I do
> not mind if it gets added to CMT and others can help maintaining the
> library.

Let's officially add it to the CMT then.

- Jim

Re: [iostreams] Merging to master

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 5:22 AM, James E. King III via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 12:23 AM Edward Diener via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 7/3/2018 10:53 PM, James E. King III via Boost wrote:

> > branch.
> > >>

> > > Is iostreams managed by the CMT?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > > It is not mentioned on the CMT page
> > > <https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/CommunityMaintenance> or in the CMT
> > > group repos.
> > > You are not in the iostreams/meta file as a maintainer, which is why I
> > ask.
> >
> > I have sort of taken over maintenance, since the original developer
> > stopped paying attention to the library a long time ago. However I do
> > not mind if it gets added to CMT and others can help maintaining the
> > library.
> >

> Let's officially add it to the CMT then.

Do we have an "OK" from Jonathan Turkanis about this?
(I don't think he'll object, but we should make sure)

-- Marshall