[interprocess] Crash of singleton_module in Windows

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[interprocess] Crash of singleton_module in Windows

Joaquin M LópezMuñoz
Steps to reproduce the problem:

* Create singleton_dll.dll.
* Create singleton_exe.exe, which uses singleton_dll.dll.
* Run. On exit, an access violation happens.

Seemingly, the problem happens when two different singletons are
created, one in the main executable and the other in a DLL. If both
singletons are created in the same module everything's OK, though.

Best regards,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital

________________________________
Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra política de envío y recepción de correo electrónico en el enlace situado más abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at.
http://www.tid.es/ES/PAGINAS/disclaimer.aspx


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost

singleton_dll.hpp (309 bytes) Download Attachment
singleton_dll.cpp (178 bytes) Download Attachment
singleton_exe.cpp (155 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [interprocess] Crash of singleton_module in Windows

Ion Gaztañaga
El 12/01/2012 21:41, JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ escribió:
> Steps to reproduce the problem:
>
> * Create singleton_dll.dll.
> * Create singleton_exe.exe, which uses singleton_dll.dll.
> * Run. On exit, an access violation happens.
>
> Seemingly, the problem happens when two different singletons are
> created, one in the main executable and the other in a DLL. If both
> singletons are created in the same module everything's OK, though.

Do you know if this appeared in Boost 1.48?

Best,

Ion

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [interprocess] Crash of singleton_module in Windows

Joaquin M LópezMuñoz

El 12/01/2012, a las 22:46, "Ion Gaztañaga" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> El 12/01/2012 21:41, JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ escribió:
>>
>> Seemingly, the problem happens when two different singletons are
>> created, one in the main executable and the other in a DLL. If both
>> singletons are created in the same module everything's OK, though.
>
> Do you know if this appeared in Boost 1.48?

I *think* it's an after-48 problem.

Joaquín M López Muñoz

Telefónica Digital

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra política de envío y recepción de correo electrónico en el enlace situado más abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at.
http://www.tid.es/ES/PAGINAS/disclaimer.aspx

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [interprocess] Crash of singleton_module in Windows

Ion Gaztañaga
El 12/01/2012 23:18, JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ escribió:

>
> El 12/01/2012, a las 22:46, "Ion Gaztañaga"<[hidden email]>  escribió:
>
>> El 12/01/2012 21:41, JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ escribió:
>>>
>>> Seemingly, the problem happens when two different singletons are
>>> created, one in the main executable and the other in a DLL. If both
>>> singletons are created in the same module everything's OK, though.
>>
>> Do you know if this appeared in Boost 1.48?
>
> I *think* it's an after-48 problem.

Ok, thanks

Ion

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [interprocess] Crash of singleton_module in Windows

Joaquin M LópezMuñoz
Ion Gaztañaga <igaztanaga <at> gmail.com> writes:

>
> El 12/01/2012 23:18, JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ escribió:
> >
> > El 12/01/2012, a las 22:46, "Ion Gaztañaga"<igaztanaga <at> gmail.com>
escribió:

> >
> >> El 12/01/2012 21:41, JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ escribió:
> >>>
> >>> Seemingly, the problem happens when two different singletons are
> >>> created, one in the main executable and the other in a DLL. If both
> >>> singletons are created in the same module everything's OK, though.
> >>
> >> Do you know if this appeared in Boost 1.48?
> >
> > I *think* it's an after-48 problem.
>
> Ok, thanks

Do you want me to file a ticket?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [interprocess] Crash of singleton_module in Windows

Vicente Botet
In reply to this post by Joaquin M LópezMuñoz
Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote
Steps to reproduce the problem:

* Create singleton_dll.dll.
* Create singleton_exe.exe, which uses singleton_dll.dll.
* Run. On exit, an access violation happens.

Seemingly, the problem happens when two different singletons are
created, one in the main executable and the other in a DLL. If both
singletons are created in the same module everything's OK, though.

Best regards,
Hi Joaquín,

is there a way to make evident the issue without using directly the ipcdetail namespace?

Best,
Vicente
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [interprocess] Crash of singleton_module in Windows

Joaquin M LópezMuñoz
Vicente Botet <vicente.botet <at> wanadoo.fr> writes:

>
>
> Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote
> >
> > Steps to reproduce the problem:
> >
> > * Create singleton_dll.dll.
> > * Create singleton_exe.exe, which uses singleton_dll.dll.
> > * Run. On exit, an access violation happens.
> >
> > Seemingly, the problem happens when two different singletons are
> > created, one in the main executable and the other in a DLL. If both
> > singletons are created in the same module everything's OK, though.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> >
> >
>
> Hi Joaquín,
>
> is there a way to make evident the issue without using directly the
> ipcdetail namespace?

This has arisen in connection with an issue in Boost.Flyweight:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6382

intermodule_singleton is an internal component of Boost.Interprocess
(besides being used by Boost.Flyweight with kind permission from
Ion) so I guess there's a way to expose this problem also from the
public interface of Boost.Interprocess.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [interprocess] Crash of singleton_module in Windows

Ion Gaztañaga
In reply to this post by Joaquin M LópezMuñoz
El 13/01/2012 9:55, Joaquín M LópezMuñoz escribió:
> Do you want me to file a ticket?

Yes, please.

Ion

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost