installing boost in mac

Boost - Users mailing list
Hello, I wanted to install the version 1.67 in mac as i have it in windows (the newest version 1.73 is not working for me) but i read that it is not compatible with mac. The version compatible with
mac is above 1.69. So i decided to install this one. If I am mistaken let me know.

I wanted to ask you if it is normal to get 524 warnings. All the warnings say the same:

 warning: empty macro arguments are a C99 feature [-Wc99-extensions]

I just did it like this

FrankGrimes:Desktop user$ cd boost_1_69_0

FrankGrimes:boost_1_69_0 user$ ./bootstrap.sh --prefix=/Users/user/boost

FrankGrimes:boost_1_69_0 user$ ./b2 install

Thise warnings will have any influence with my code. I am using xcode and I am having errors with boost due to unused parameters in args in filter_parser.hpp functions so i do not know if this error has something to do with it.

Thanks

Re: installing boost in mac

Boost - Users mailing list
> (the newest version 1.73 is not working for me) but i read that it is not compatible with mac

Why is it not compatible and where did you read that?  Sounds like nonsense since before the 1.73 release Marshall Clow wrote during testing:

I have built this candidate with the following configurations:
    Mac OS 10.14.6 with Apple LLVM version 10.0.1 (clang-1001.0.46.4)
    Successful build with C++03/11/14/17/2a

    Mac OS 10.14.6 with with clang trunk (as of a couple weeks ago):
    Successful build with C++03/11/14/17/2a

Jeff

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 8:32 AM RUIZ PUJADAS, Esmeralda via Boost-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Ruiz,

On 26.05.2020 17:13, RUIZ PUJADAS, Esmeralda via Boost-users wrote:
> Hello, I wanted to install the version 1.67 in mac as i have it in
> windows (the newest version 1.73 is not working for me) but i read
> that it is not compatible with mac. The version compatible with
> mac is above 1.69. So i decided to install this one. If I am mistaken
> let me know.

you may wish to install prebuilt Boost libraries from Homebrew
(https://brew.sh) ...  they do a great job of porting and maintaining a
huge number of open source products that do not come with MacOS. I
believe  they maintain a reasonable number of old versions, too, so you
may still be able to get 1.69 .. another source of ported software
(Boost included) for macOS is MacPorts but I personally prefer Homebrew

Boost 1.69 is definitely compatible with macOS ... even much older
versions are ... though building older Boost versions on the newer
version of macOS (newer than available at the time the Boost version was
released) may require a tweak or two ... Catalina, for instance,
completely got rid of /usr/include subtree ...

Cheers,

Leon