[ineterprocess] managed mapped file - recovery from process failure

[ineterprocess] managed mapped file - recovery from process failure

I have noticed that if a process is killed while it's allocating memory
from a managed file, later loading of the managed file may segfault (even
in read-only mode).

A. What is the expected behaviour in this case?
B. Should such a segfault be considered as a bug or is it the case that the
user is not supposed to use the managed file after process failure?
C. If unsupported, any pointers on efforts to improve this?

Thx,
Assaf

Re: [ineterprocess] managed mapped file - recovery from process failure

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 31/03/2018 22:11, Assaf Ben-amitai via Boost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that if a process is killed while it's allocating memory
> from a managed file, later loading of the managed file may segfault (even
> in read-only mode).
>
> A. What is the expected behaviour in this case?

The one you get. managed file has no inherent protections. You need to
add it yourself. I'm not aware of any effort to improve this.

Best,

Ion