Quantcast

how to know which rules are in process during parse

how to know which rules are in process during parse

lucidbee
hi all.
I have made a boost::spirit parser for a language and it's quite lovely. Excellent compile speed and robustness. (No X3 at the current time.)

Now I want to do a few advanced things for developers. Nice things like code completion. So knowing which rule I am in and where in that rule would be helpful to have good suggestions for code completion.

Has anyone integrated this with boost::spirit? Could I 'piggyback' on the debug support? It's a bit of a black box in the middle of parsing of course.

Thank you for your assistance or any ideas.

lucidbee