how to install boost in a different directory

how to install boost in a different directory

yinglcs2@yahoo.com

Hi,

How can I install boost in a different directory?  I
try this command:
bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc --prefix=/home/yinglcs/boost"
install

But it gives me error message saying some *.jam file
is not found.

Thank you for any help.

Re: how to install boost in a different directory

Bill Lear
On Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 14:09:52 (-0700) [hidden email] writes:

>Hi,
>
>How can I install boost in a different directory?  I
>try this command:
>bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc --prefix=/home/yinglcs/boost"
>install
>
>But it gives me error message saying some *.jam file
>is not found.
>
>Thank you for any help.

Try:

bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" --prefix=/home/yinglcs/boost install

Bill