how does triangular_matrix<> work?

Bugzilla from rmanoj@umich.edu
Hi all

   THe triangular_matrix<> template has four class parameters, T, TRI, L, A:

    template<class T, class TRI, class L, class A>
      class triangular_matrix ...

  but when declaring an instance of such an array, we only need mention
two, for eg:

   triangular_matrix<double, lower> m(3,3);

The L and the A template parameters don't even have default values. How
does the instantiation then work? Why is there no compile error saying
there are no legitimate values for L and A?

Thanks
Manoj

Re: how does triangular_matrix<> work?

Michael Stevens-5
On Saturday, 25. March 2006 03:50, Manoj Rajagopalan wrote:

> Hi all
>
>    THe triangular_matrix<> template has four class parameters, T, TRI, L,
>
>     template<class T, class TRI, class L, class A>
>       class triangular_matrix ...
>
>   but when declaring an instance of such an array, we only need mention
> two, for eg:
>
>    triangular_matrix<double, lower> m(3,3);
>

> The L and the A template parameters don't even have default values. How
> does the instantiation then work? Why is there no compile error saying
> there are no legitimate values for L and A?

All the default template arguments are defined in "fwd.hpp". So for triangylar
matrix we have:
    template<class T, class TRI = lower, class L = row_major, class A =
unbounded_array<T> >
    class triangular_matrix;

Michael

--