[gsoc21] Feedback and advice on proposal

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[gsoc21] Feedback and advice on proposal

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi,
  I'm really interested in applying for GSoC 2021 and implementing the
Boost.XML library. I have completed the competency test and have drafted by
proposal.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KP-g1zMXQdqUzSFMtsURcSpZisjjspvX8lRkdRj4qTY/edit?usp=sharing

Please tell me what you think this proposal is missing and what I should
add on. It's my first time applying for GSoC so I'm not very familiar with
the process.

Thank you!

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [gsoc21] Feedback and advice on proposal

Boost - Dev mailing list
Em qua., 31 de mar. de 2021 às 10:08, Haoran Xu via Boost <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Hi,
>

Hi Haoran Xu,

  I'm really interested in applying for GSoC 2021 and implementing the
> Boost.XML library.


glad to hear.

I have completed the competency test and have drafted by
> proposal.
>

Can you remove the test answer from this publicly accessible document and
send me in private? I'll take a loot by then.


--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [gsoc21] Feedback and advice on proposal

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
Em qua., 31 de mar. de 2021 às 10:08, Haoran Xu via Boost <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KP-g1zMXQdqUzSFMtsURcSpZisjjspvX8lRkdRj4qTY/edit?usp=sharing
>

I like how you understand that the project is also a live experiment to let
the design to unveil itself and that cannot be known in advance. However
can you offer a more detailed timeline? I'm not worried about specifics
such as “function setOutput() should be done by week 2”, but I think you
can give a general idea of what we could do with the WIP by each week (e.g.
by week 3 comments will be understood in the parsing algorithm). The
timeline is already realistic (e.g. you understood that setting github
infra takes time and first week will be used to that alone), but I think
you can still improve it a little.


--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [gsoc21] Feedback and advice on proposal

Boost - Dev mailing list
Thanks for the feedback! I will make sure the fix these ASAP.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 1:00 AM Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Em qua., 31 de mar. de 2021 às 10:08, Haoran Xu via Boost <
> [hidden email]> escreveu:
>
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KP-g1zMXQdqUzSFMtsURcSpZisjjspvX8lRkdRj4qTY/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>
> I like how you understand that the project is also a live experiment to
> let the design to unveil itself and that cannot be known in advance.
> However can you offer a more detailed timeline? I'm not worried about
> specifics such as “function setOutput() should be done by week 2”, but I
> think you can give a general idea of what we could do with the WIP by each
> week (e.g. by week 3 comments will be understood in the parsing algorithm).
> The timeline is already realistic (e.g. you understood that setting github
> infra takes time and first week will be used to that alone), but I think
> you can still improve it a little.
>
>
> --
> Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
> https://vinipsmaker.github.io/
>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [gsoc21] Feedback and advice on proposal

Boost - Dev mailing list
I have updated the draft according to your suggestions. Sorry that this
took a while, I had to deal with some visa shenanigans over the weekends. I
changed the timeline to be more specific on what I hope to achieve by the
end of this week. I also fixed some grammatical errors and added
clarification and changes to the designs of the parser. Please let me know
if you have any other suggestions!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VkmFf_Rz9ISbg2obQ0azM-yD6e4U6BlLtRqIFk55Fkc/edit?usp=sharing

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 1:12 AM Haoran Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback! I will make sure the fix these ASAP.
>
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 1:00 AM Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Em qua., 31 de mar. de 2021 às 10:08, Haoran Xu via Boost <
>> [hidden email]> escreveu:
>>
>>>
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KP-g1zMXQdqUzSFMtsURcSpZisjjspvX8lRkdRj4qTY/edit?usp=sharing
>>>
>>
>> I like how you understand that the project is also a live experiment to
>> let the design to unveil itself and that cannot be known in advance.
>> However can you offer a more detailed timeline? I'm not worried about
>> specifics such as “function setOutput() should be done by week 2”, but I
>> think you can give a general idea of what we could do with the WIP by each
>> week (e.g. by week 3 comments will be understood in the parsing algorithm).
>> The timeline is already realistic (e.g. you understood that setting github
>> infra takes time and first week will be used to that alone), but I think
>> you can still improve it a little.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
>> https://vinipsmaker.github.io/
>>
>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost